Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Gun information needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ourteamnational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Gun information needed
    Posted: December-17-2006 at 4:36am

I have a Daisy my god mother gave me in 95' that belonged to her brother for many years. it has this information on the gun and barrell. Can you tell us anything about this model. If it is a collectors piece we would like to know.

Daisy

Red Rider with horse on wooden stock

model 1938B

BB CAL 4.5mm Rogers Ark, STEEL AIR GUN SHOT

PAT: 3.888.229

LOT. NO. K202000

thanks P&S

It is not the number of breaths that you take, but the number of breaths that take your breath away. Sherry Sellers
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2006 at 4:54am

Hi

If it dosen't have a medalion or something in the stock besides the Red Ryder logo it is what we call a plain jane model 1938b.They stared makeing that model in mid to late 80s and are still made today.You can find them at Kmart and Wal-Mart for about 30.00.You can check auction sites to see what they are selling for.You can go to bbairguns.com and look at their price guide too.

Stevec

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2019 at 10:52pm
I realize this thread was made almost 13 years ago, but I want to point out to anyone who might come across it during a search like I just did, that Lot No. K202000 for a model 1938B does not make sense as presented.

The reason is the format used for lot numbers changed between March and April of 1982, from having a letter followed by six numbers to a number, then a letter, then five numbers. The letter "K" is for October, so a 1938B made in Oct. 1982 would be 2Kxxxxx.

So my guess is the OP made a typo when posting the number originally. So it may have actually been LOT. NO. 2K02000 instead of K202000.
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2019 at 4:24pm
Good Lord, You must be bored LOL. A lot of info has come out in 13 years. We did the best we could back then with the info we had.
Stevec
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2019 at 5:46pm
Sorry I stepped on your toes. It was not intended to be mean.You are not the only one that has been helped by others and we have tried to help others too but don't make us look stupid for the info we had back then. If you were around back then you would know there was little to no info at all. Most of them are gone but there was a ton of people here when it all started and we did not have all the tech stuff you all have now. Sorry you took it so, wrong. I will refrain from posting on your post. By the way,Daisy did some strange stuff over the years and like you say, It is your GUESS on this
STEVEC
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2019 at 7:54pm
Where do you get "make us look stupid" from my post saying the numbers do not make sense and were likely a typo? Nothing you posted was brought into question and in fact it wasn't until you wrote the reply above that I even read it in full. smh

And for the record, the exact same info on these numbers WAS available back then by asking the Daisy Museum- like I did. Joe Murfin told me himself the numbers do not exist when I tried unsuccessfully to fit them into the database I have been compiling for the past 3-plus years. That is what prompted me to look into it deeper, and the only thing that makes sense to me is the OP made a simple typo. Seeing as how I had invested my time and enlisted the help of the Daisy Museum, I felt fine then, and still do now to present the information. Neither you nor your post entered into that at all.
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2019 at 12:06pm
Time out !
Ejwills
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2019 at 4:31pm
So, was it a collectible rifle which was his question. I say no. Numbers years ago did not mean a lot. What was printed or engraved on a rifle did. Sorry for my other post. It was harsh and I apologize for it. I know you have the best intentions,again sorry

Stevec
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2019 at 7:29pm
Thank you for saying that and I sure could have handled it much better myself. I agree with your assessment about it not being a collectable. And I apologize as well. 

Sincerely. Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic