Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Legacy Model 2201 .22

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Legacy Model 2201 .22
    Posted: March-25-2007 at 7:47am
Looking for more information about this rifle.  I know they were made in 1968.  And there were 3 types made.  I believe ours is one of 19000 made.  Would like to know how to tell which of the three types it is and what it is worth.
plevesque View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plevesque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2007 at 5:26pm

You're off by about 20 years!  The VL was produced in 1968, but that rifle was unrelated to the Legacy rifles that came out in the late 1980s.

The Legacy series was a line geared toward kids working their way up from airguns to "real" firearms.  Each of the three models  featured a butt with adjustable length of pull and removable trigger guard.  More expensive versions eliminated the adjustable plastic stock and replaced it with a walnut stock of fixed length.  The models offered were 2201 single shot, 2202 bolt-action repeater, and 2203 semiautomatic.  The walnut versions were numbered 2211, 2212, and 2213 respectively according to Daisy,  but the markings on the barrel are identical to the plastic-stocked versions.

Paul

Thumbuster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thumbuster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2007 at 3:32am

Can anyone furnish me a copy of a parts breakdown and disassembly instructions for a Daisy model 2202 Legacy Rifle?  Thanks,

Skip
Steeler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2008 at 7:03am
If you are still interested I have the assembly/disassembly instructions but not the parts breakdown for the Daisy 2202. I have it in word format...If you contact me I can email the instructions to you...
elderbin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elderbin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2008 at 6:02pm

There were just three types. 10 shot Simi-auto, 7 shot clip bolt action and a single shot bolt action.  However each model came in three different finsihes.  Real wood, brown plastic immatation wood and Black Plastic. The 10 round simi-auto used the ruger round box clip.  The 7 shot bolt action used the typical straight clip.

Elder, born American and proud of it.
BearlyGriz2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearlyGriz2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2009 at 7:06am
Can you send me the breakdown instructions for the Daisy/Legacy 22 Model 2202?  Need to get the stock bolt tightened back up, and cannot see where to get into it.

Thank-you,
Chuck

ggannon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 1:28am
You need to remove the butt plate of the gun to access.  You need a very long #2 Phillips screwdriver.

Glenn
BearlyGriz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearlyGriz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 6:28am
The stock ahas an adjustable buttplate.  Do not see a way to remove it.
Griz
vonrang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonrang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 12:49pm
Does have a Daisy Legacy barrel spanner wrench for sale, or that I could borrow to make a copy.

vonrang@hotmail.com
boggs87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boggs87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2013 at 12:39pm
i have one will email it to you.email me boggs87@yahoo.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic