Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DAISY model 1000 Ammo Tube

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DAISY model 1000 Ammo Tube
    Posted: November-24-2015 at 6:59pm
I just picked up a DAISY 1000 and would like to strip and clean it...I`m not familiar with this type of ammo tube and was wondering how it is removed...it is a twist to open HOLE for BBs to be fed in...I don`t want to apply unnecessary pressure to the barrel....PHIL
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2015 at 11:25pm
I think you have the model that you just unscrew the shot tube to remove it (Counter clockwise).  Cut and paste this link in your browser. It is a service manual for what I believe is a similar model Daisy.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/576299/message/1309996863/Daisy.++Service+Manual+for+Daisy++Lever+Action%2C+Gravity+Feed.++Models+102+-+111+-+95%2C++etc  
Pat
pmo View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2015 at 7:11am
39hunter...I appreciate the manual...this will help me dismantle my gun....unfortunately turning the rotating knob counterclockwise does not loosen the shot tube (?)....the gun functions and shots well but there is no explanation on the removal of the shot tube in the manual (?)....I don`t want to FORCE and parts and cause damage....but obviously the SHOT TUBE must be removed first....PHIL
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2015 at 10:43am
Can you post a picture of the gun? or can you tell us the model number of the gun? it should be on the top of the gun where it rolls over and close to the stock.
pmo View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2015 at 11:36am
T-BIRD...I have pictures but I can`t find the facility to add them to my text (?)....anyway...the engraving on the barrel says  ...   MODEL 1000   REG. NO.  C104809   DAISY MFG. CO.  ROGERS, ARKANSAS  U.S.A.     PAT. NO.  2.758.586
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2015 at 12:21pm
Phillip my email is on my profile.  I think you have an early Daisy 1000 made for Western Auto from 1965 to 1980s.  Please send a picture of the gun and the shot tube end so I can make sure this is what you have. 
Pat
pmo View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2015 at 12:30pm
I just sent a few pix`s to you, Pat...I have tried clockwise and counter-clockwise rotation of the knob....and it just stays put...the gun shoots accurately and seems okay but I would like to strip and clean it....
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2015 at 1:01am
If the specimen works okay, why would you want to strip it to clean it?  And....do your know how to actually clean a air gun?  Please do not be offended, but....you can really screw up a air gun if you use the wrong chemicals and oil.
Semper Fi
pmo View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2015 at 10:41am
Willie...Sounds like you were also in the CORPS...Your advise is sound...Why fix it if it isn`t broke...right?...This is a VERY old air rifle and probably NEVER cleaned...I got in on auction with another `25 and they are both gunked up inside..I have experience with weapons and limited experience with airguns so I feel comfortable...but I still ask advise...I screwed up many 10 speeds before I learned the method of fixing bikes...I have the proper lubes and a good supply of SAE 30wt ND oil...along with several silicone lubes used where appropriate and tar for heavy springs...Essentially I clean and lube ALL mechanical things...and the stocks are stripped and refinished when possible...when I run into a wall I ask questions and I appreciate your answers....PHIL
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2015 at 9:05am

When I clean and lube my air guns I clean all the gunk out of them and relube them only with 30wt motor oil and very little of it. You can over lube these guns really easy and it will effect performance and causes the gun to actually gunk back up because dust and dirt sticks to the oil. It sounds like your doing it right using the SAE 30wt ND oil as you mentioned.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic