Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

daisy model 102

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyesreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: daisy model 102
    Posted: November-06-2010 at 10:37am
i have a vintage daisy model 102 bb gun that ive had since i was a small child. it is a painted one with a plastic butt. the gun will cock and fire, but nothing comes out of the barrel, including air when empty. is there a fix for this, or is my favorite toy retired? it sounds the same as it ever has, just no shooting. i want to pass this down to my daughter fairly soon so she can be the third generation to own this gun, but i cant if it doesnt work. any help is appreciated!
bilbobaggins View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilbobaggins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2010 at 5:26am

Pull the shot tube, pour a little 30 wt oil or 3-in-one oil down the barrel. Let stand on the butt overnight. In the morning screw the shot tube back in and dry fire the gun a few times to get the excess oil out. The gun should shoot just fine providing there is nothing else wrong with it.

BB
acmebeer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acmebeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2010 at 5:48am
Hello. When was the last time that you know of that the gun worked? You can take the shot tube out and put five to ten drops of 20w motor oil down the barrel and let it set upright for about eight hours and see if that helps. But, it sounds like to me you have a broken tupe on the plunger assy.
You can look down the barrel with the shot tube out with a flashlight calk, the gun and see if the tube retracks, if it does'nt, the tube is broken and the assembly needs to be replaced. Be carefull!
When you pull the trigger make sure you point the gun away from anyone or anything. I have done this myself and the broken tube came flying out!
Hope this helps. If you need any info on repair, let me know. It is an easy fix.
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2010 at 12:11pm
I have a model 25 that acted the same way and like acmebeer mentioned my shot tube on the end of the piston was broken. Mine was sitting inside of the barrel tube. I replaced the whole piston/shot tube assy since I already had it apart.
boyesreef View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyesreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2010 at 7:09pm
how would i get to the parts mentioned? ive never had the gun apart. is it simple to do?
boyesreef View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyesreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2010 at 7:10pm
the gun slowely lost power then stopped firing in 2005, it has sat in the basement ever since. never was oiled as far back as i know.
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2010 at 5:19am

If it slowly lost power like you said then that sounds like a good oiling should bring it back to life.

boyesreef View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyesreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2010 at 9:03am
how hard is it to oil? ive put some oil down the oil hole, and let it sit, but that got me nowhere.
acmebeer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acmebeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2010 at 10:17am
You should take the shot tube out and put a few drops (5 to 10) of motor oil down the barrel. I stated 20w earlier, but you should use 30w. Let it set a few hrs. then try it. If you need parts, you should be able to get them from Bryan & Associates. www.bryanandac.com  or you can call them at 864-261-6810.
Hope this helps.
boyesreef View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyesreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2010 at 11:01am
how do you take out a shot tube? can i just put a few drops down the barrel as is without dismantling the rifle?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic