Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy model 104 repair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1936sedan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy model 104 repair
    Posted: December-20-2010 at 6:56pm
Hi
Can anyone walk me thru how to replace the plungers (air tubes) in my model 104 double barrel or tell me if I need any special tools to make the repair.
I have had good luck fixing the Red Ryders, the 179 pistols and 1894's but am afraid to just tear into a 104.
Help if you can
Thanks Bill
DaisyBBgunner View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBBgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2011 at 9:29am
I would not attempt it.  I did so once and was sorry that I did.
daisybbgunner@aol.com
acmebeer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acmebeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2011 at 8:37am
Hello 1938 sedan. I can help you with replaceing the plunger assy. on your model 104. I have relpaced mine some years ago and have done the same on one of my model 21's. It helps if you have the schimatics of the gun. If you need one, let me know and I can send you a copy. It's not that hard to do, but there is a couple of tricks I can pass along. let me know if you still need help.

Take care. Dan.
davidh5000 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidh5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2011 at 9:53am
This gun is a whole differen't kettle of fish than any of the ones you named working on above. Even in bad shape it's worth more than all of the other ones put together. I think I would just let someone that has done this before do it.
I bought a Model 21 last summer at a flea market in a box in pieces for $55.00. Yes it was a steal, but who knows how long it laid like that before the guy gave up on trying to put it back together and just said fooey on it. After I bought it I had it all together and shooting in an hourBig smile The pieces were all there!!! But I also own 8 104's and 4 mdl 21's currently and have owned many more in the past and learned how to work on them from an 80 year old man that could fix anything.

However, if you do decide to try it yourself and can't finish it for whatever reason I do know someone that will offer you..........

In other words, DON'T RISK IT SEND IT IN !!!
I'm not buying anymore BB Guns.

I'm not buying any less either.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic