Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy model 106 abutment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daily shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy model 106 abutment
    Posted: July-26-2017 at 8:41pm
Good Evening, I'am in the process of a 106 restoration. The abutment is worn out so that the shot tube can not be tightened and it throws bbs out in a random pattern.I have one from both a No. 25 and a 1938(also worn out) and they are too large in diameter. Not sure but think one from a 107 or 102-36 may fit.

Would appreciate input and suggestions from you more experienced restorers and collectors. I'll keep searching but its not looking promising so far.

Thanks,
Tom

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 1:43pm
Forgive me if I'm missing something, but the shot tube of gravity feed Daisys (at least the ones I've been around- mostly newer models) don't tighten all the way, like tightening a bolt. But if it's real sloppy loose, and if the threads are the same between your 106 and the 25 and 1938 abutments (7/16-14), you could possibly turn down the OD of one of them to fit your 106 to give a better fit.

FWIW the few 106 guns I've ever seen were basically "wall hangers", it's kind of neat that you are actually shooting yours.
Daily shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daily shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 3:00pm
Hi Cobalt, your suggestion must have floated into my brain
While I slept last night. I did just that this morning; improvised
a lathe and turned down the good abutment from
a No. 25 barrel and got it installed in the 106. The shot tube is now
Firmly screwed in and the barrel seal is back in place. Celebrating
with a Pepsi and some crackers. Thanks for your response.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic