Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy model 142 with a 300 scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy model 142 with a 300 scope
    Posted: November-23-2018 at 9:38pm

Hello,

Was just wondering if anyone has had a Daisy model 142 Defender with a number 300 scope mounted on it. A recent acquisition has cutouts in the plastic forearm for the front mount and there is evidence that a rear mount was under the top screw for the stock. The scope itself is long gone.

Gary Garber's book lists them as a 4th variation that was sold thru Montgomery Wards and depicted in their 1953 catalog as a Gun-N-Scope Target Set. Did Daisy offer this combination too or just Wards?

I think I've seen a few model 142's over the years that had the notched forearms but never really gave it much thought. None of them as I remember still had the scope.

Also when was the number 300 scope last offered? And when did the number 303 scope first come out?

Thanks for any info. I appreciate it.
John

39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2018 at 12:19am
In 1955, the Model 300 scope was changed to the Model 303 scope.  You can find this information in Daisy Air Rifles and BB Guns, The First 100 Years by Neal Punchard on page 125. 
Pat
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2018 at 10:29am
In 2012, there was a Daisy 142 Defender with the 300 Scope and sling for auction on Gun Auction.  According to the description, the seller stated it was made for Montgomery Ward to sell exclusively in the Training Target Outfit.  It was listed at $600, but I do not think there were any bids for it.  This is the only one that I have actually seen for sale since I began collecting.  I would estimate a fair value for one of these in good condition in a range of $400-$500.  As you know, it just takes the right guy/gal that wants one of these who will pay up.  Hope this helps.  Star
oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2018 at 10:25pm
If you're interested in selling I may be interested in buying.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic