Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 179 follower.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model 179 follower.
    Posted: February-07-2020 at 4:32pm

Hi, I have very nice Model 179 with a missing feed follower. 

I recently acquired a good feed follower from a very average conditioned pistol and I want to exchange them.

I have no knowledge of how to do this. I want to be very careful to avoid scratching the better gun, so my lack of knowledge here worries me.

Can you help me with the proper steps to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance for any help that you can offer, regards, gkenny.
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2020 at 5:09pm
Here is a link to a Daisy 179 service manual.
https://www.gunauction.com/buy/16976227
Pat
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2020 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by 39hunter 39hunter wrote:

Here is a link to a Daisy 179 service manual.
https://www.gunauction.com/buy/16976227

Thank you for your input, sorry, but it keeps telling me that the is the wrong link.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards, gkenny.
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2020 at 10:10pm
Try this eBay link.  Copy and paste in your browser.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daisy-Model-179-BB-Gun-Pistol-Repairmans-Service-Manual-w-added-pages/153609839959?epid=1731535910&hash=item23c3dc2557:g:-3IAAOxyY7FRBV73
Pat
jackdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2020 at 12:26am
SEND ME AN EMAIL (SEE PROFILE) AND I WILL SEND YOU THE MANUAL IN JPEG PICTURES...
I AM GOING AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND HOWEVER SO I WILL NOT BE HOME UNTIL LATE SUNDAY NIGHT.
RICK
Aim Straight
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2020 at 2:32am
Originally posted by jackdog jackdog wrote:

SEND ME AN EMAIL (SEE PROFILE) AND I WILL SEND YOU THE MANUAL IN JPEG PICTURES...
I AM GOING AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND HOWEVER SO I WILL NOT BE HOME UNTIL LATE SUNDAY NIGHT.
RICK

Thank you jackdog, I really appreciate your help, I just sent you an email.

regards, gkenny.
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2020 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by jackdog jackdog wrote:

RICK

Thank you Rick, your manual copy and instructions put my model 179 in perfect condition!

Regards, gkenny.
jackdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2020 at 12:53am
Ken... So Happy I could be of help...   email anytime if you need any other repair manuals. 
Glad to be of assistance.     It's a neat gun from Daisy.   Regards, Rick
Aim Straight
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic