Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy model 1894 - wood stock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2017 at 4:35pm
I have  4 model 1894s with wooden stock and forearm.  Winchester, Texas Ranger and Limited Edition Buffalo Bill Cody WY., and John Wayne the DUKE
Several months ago JG Airguns had wooden 1894 stocks  available...as I recall price was nearly $100.
Marv, NW OH
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2017 at 5:27pm
Cody Museum issued a special edition with wood stock /forearm 1996.

https://www.gunauction.com/buy/6219445

Ejwills.
Ejwills
BB1Shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2019 at 12:01am
I did some research and found that Daisy did produce the older version 1894 (40 shot model, load BB's in receiver) (vs. the 15 shot Winchester/Daisy 1894, load BB's in the barrel, from the 2000's) with wood stocks. They made a couple of different models of the 1894 with wood.
One was the Buffalo Bill/Cody WY Centennial (1846-1996) with a coin imbedded into the stock. They only made 2,500 of these in 1995-1996. They planned on making 5,000 but ran into problems with the wood and revised it to only 2,500. They had to reissue the certificates that came with the gun to list them as out of 2,500, not 5,000.
They also made a wood stock "Stagecoach" version for JC Penny, but this was limited production (possibly less than 1,000) as store quit sell BB guns around time it was introduced. Member keenkutterrick, may have more info, as he sold one on eBay recently.

Also another version was made with wood, but could get much info on it. Was from the pre-1992 guns that were all metal.

And yes, JG Airguns was selling factory new sets of wood stock & forestock for the older Daisy 1894's, as well as just stocks or forestock. Were going for around $129 for the set last year. I think they are now sold out. I bought a set and installed on one of my Sears/Daisy 1894 Yellow Boys. Making it very unique. Was a bit of an issue to get front wood stock to fit into brass cup on front of forestock, but I have a great Daisy repair person who worked on it. I put it on my Sears/Daisy, as the cup covered damage to the forestock.

Also saw this on eBay, not sure where it came from or if it would actually fir a Daisy 1894. Seller did not have a lot of info, other than to say it found it at an estate sale. Maybe a custom job? Price was right. Someone bought it before I could bid.

Buy the way, wood stocks from the 2000's version of the Winchester/Daisy 1894 will not fit the older 40 shot version. In 2004, I had my Daisy 1894 Spittin Image (made in 1978) in the shop at my local Daisy Factory Repair Center getting repaired. He had a newer model Winchester/Daisy 1894 returned for warranty replacement, so he tried to put the wood from it on mine, but he said it would not fit.

Finally, I have shot Daisy 1894 for may years. I have 8 different version of the gun. Like the way they shoot on basement ranges. But must say that the wood stocks are nicest to hold & shoot, and the two 40 shot versions with woods stocks are the nicest. The plastic stocks just don't feel as nice to hold & shoot as real wood.

Thanks for listening, just my 2 cents on the topic.
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2019 at 3:48pm

Probably a good thing you didn't get that wood set. My guess is that it is for a Magnum 44 bb rifle made by Ampell. Don't think it would fit a Daisy

BB1Shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2019 at 5:12pm
Zipper, you may be correct, as I didn't think the forestock looked like it would fit a Daisy 1894. Also had 2 screw hole in side which would not fit on a 1894.

Anyone know of anybody that still has some Daisy 1894 wood stocks. Now that JG is sold out?
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2019 at 6:14pm
Does anyone have a photo or description of how the Daisy factory stock fit onto the receiver of the earlier guns that loaded through the chute in the receiver?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic