Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 25 Bronze Colored

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model 25 Bronze Colored
    Posted: April-23-2019 at 11:15pm
Hi, I have recently heard of a Daisy Model 25, mfg. in the late 1950's, with a plastic pistol grip stock and 'bronze' painted metal with silk-screened ducks and hunter. There was also a small banner with "Daisy Pump gun" printed on it.

I don't have one and never saw one, has anyone here seen one? Where might I find one?

Thank you, gkenny.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2019 at 6:48pm
The model 25 you describe is sometimes referred to as the "1958" gun. Made in Rogers, although a similar gun with the 'Daisy Pump Gun' scroll was made as early as 1957 in Plymough (I own one of these). The normal painted finishes are seen far more often, but a few were the bronze finish you describe.
I've rarely seen the bronze guns and only in photos. One had such an odd silkscreened graphic that I saved the photos, had to paste them together to show a composite of the left side of the gun. It's a Rogers gun. It seems to be a battle scene ca. WW2 or possibly Korea. Jeep, tank and soldiers can be made out.

There are also cleaning kits that were sold with bronze touch-up paint. Of course after all these years the paint in them has long since dried up, but the labels on the paint bottles tell the story (bottle on right, below).

BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2019 at 7:34pm
That is very interesting, cobalt.  Something I had not heard of.  Thanks for the learning experience.
Be Prepared
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2019 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

The model 25 you describe is sometimes referred to as the "1958" gun. Made in Rogers, although a similar gun with the 'Daisy Pump Gun' scroll was made as early as 1957 in Plymough (I own one of these). The normal painted finishes are seen far more often, but a few were the bronze finish you describe.
I've rarely seen the bronze guns and only in photos. One had such an odd silkscreened graphic that I saved the photos, had to paste them together to show a composite of the left side of the gun. It's a Rogers gun. It seems to be a battle scene ca. WW2 or possibly Korea. Jeep, tank and soldiers can be made out.

Thank you Cobalt327, again I thank you for your help, you have an amazing depth of knowledge only exceeded by your unselfish willingness to share it!

Do you know where I might find a 'bronze' model 25 made in !958?

Thanks again, regards, gkenny.

There are also cleaning kits that were sold with bronze touch-up paint. Of course after all these years the paint in them has long since dried up, but the labels on the paint bottles tell the story (bottle on right, below).

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2019 at 6:12pm
https://www.ebay.com/itm/123866267606?ul_noapp=true

Now, as far as I've been able to determine, the dark gray is aka the 'bronze' finish as I mentioned above, and the link is to what seems to be a 25 with the dark gray finish. The seller's words to me when I asked if it looked dark gray or dark blue was "It’s not dark blue - must be gray/bronze it does look like its powder coated but not sure if they could do that in 1958. Tired to take closer pics but for some reason it got a lock on the pics". So it would be a very good idea to ask for clarification to be sure. I am reasonably sure it is not the brown-ish finish. But I know the least about the No. 25 ( FWIW add the 1894/30-30 to it), so please forgive me if my assumption re the bronze finish is wrong.

I told him that he needs to remove photos to post new ones because ebay limits them to 12 photos unless you want to pay for more.

I think the BIN is too high, but he has the Make Offer option activated...

Good luck!

ETA- this was just added:
Dannop2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2019 at 8:45pm
Looks like the same gunmetal paint hat was on a couple of guns I sold on eBay awhile back , don't think it is anything particularly rare but I do think they are some of the prettiest , my two were in excellent condition and I think if I remember right I got around $100.00 a piece for each plus shipping , hope this is of use to someone .  
Realshooter
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2019 at 8:49pm
I seem to recall the bronze 25 was what Daisy used in one of their sets, but I could be mistaken.
Dannop2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2019 at 4:17pm
Not sure if anyone is interested but I guess i was wrong , I still have one of the gunmetal one's if someone wants to buy one .
Realshooter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic