Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 25 Bronze Painted.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model 25 Bronze Painted.
    Posted: May-21-2019 at 7:12am
Hi, I posted this before and would like to repeat it.

I am searching to buy a nice model 25 with plastic pistol-grip stock, silk-screened ducks and hunter. It would have been made in the late 1950's and is painted that bronze or metallic brown color sometimes used by Daisy at that time. This was the model and color used in the Daisy Air Rifleman Outfit.

If you have one for sale or trade or know where I might find one, please let me know.

Thank you and regards, gkenny.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2019 at 1:49pm
I will keep my eyes peeled for one. Other than the one in poor condition I linked to earlier http://forum.daisymuseum.com/daisy-model-25-bronze-colored_topic8223_post36810.html?KW=bronze#36810 , I haven't seen one in a while- but they do show up from time to time.

Good luck!
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2019 at 12:28am
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

I will keep my eyes peeled for one. Other than the one in poor condition I linked to earlier http://forum.daisymuseum.com/daisy-model-25-bronze-colored_topic8223_post36810.html?KW=bronze#36810 , I haven't seen one in a while- but they do show up from time to time.

Good luck!

Thanks again for all of your help cobalt327. I checked on the gun you are referring to and I think that is not the bronze/brown version that I need. Although it has the correct markings, the photo looks to be the standard blue/painted version, not the more rare bronze/brown version that I need.

Regards, gkenny.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2019 at 1:55pm
Oh, okay.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2019 at 2:36am
I think there's some confusion- me included- over what constitutes "bronze" as an airgun finish color. In Punchards book "The First 100 Years" he shows a gun on page 56 that's described as being "bronze". I sold my copy so cannot see what the photo looks like in the book but it's below, copied from a webpage. It appears to be the dark grayish color like the first gun I linked to (FWIW it's actually dark gray, not blue).

This is Daisy touch up paint in bronze

Another gun similarly painted is also shown below in a composite photo from a recent ebay auction listing. The gun is claimed to be a '58. I have also read there's a "brown" colored finish used in the same time period as the dark gray (1958-'60, right after moving to Rogers) but I've yet to see one of them. So maybe the color described as brown is the bronze. What to call this color I have no idea, but it's a very close match to a bronze spray paint can I have that's used to touch up window frames, of all things.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic