Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 25 Pump Slide Bar Screw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anewjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model 25 Pump Slide Bar Screw
    Posted: May-31-2019 at 4:30pm
What is the correct screw size for the slide bar screw on my vintage mid 50's Daisy Model 25 pump?
Thanks,
Arthur
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 5:18pm
That's a very tiny screw, Arthur.  Not sure of the size.  JG Airguns sells them, though.
Be Prepared
Anewjohn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anewjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 5:25pm
Thanks
Anewjohn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anewjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2019 at 1:41pm
Still haven't found a slide bar screw for my mid 50's Daisy Model 25 BB gun. Called or emailed most of the Air Gun repair sights, no luck. 
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2019 at 2:48pm
Author, copy and past this listing in your browser.  
https://www.jgairguns.biz/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=78_186_213&products_id=11541
Pat
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2019 at 4:34pm
Might want to shop around to see if there's something else you can use... this is from JG's site:

Anewjohn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anewjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2019 at 7:32pm
Just got an email from JG Airguns, they
are firm on the $15 minimum merchandise
order policy. Using a small screw and nut
now, works ok. I will keep searching, one
will show up on ebay or somewhere.
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2019 at 9:23pm
A small pop rivet works very well.  I bought a 25 that had a pop rivet in this spot.  I like things all original, so I replaced it, but it worked really well. 
Be Prepared
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2019 at 12:51pm
I'd be interested in knowing the original screw's thread size and length, along with the size of the hex nut. There might be a hardware store type replacement available. I seem to remember the nut is smaller than what would usually be associated with the thread size of the screw but I could be mistaken. And unfortunately the nut that's shown on the Daisy parts diagram is no longer available.
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2019 at 8:38pm

Are you talking about the slide bar screw at the fore end?  I have a 1930s No 25, and a 1960s No 25. Just for kicks, I just now put them on my workbench and removed the slide bar screws. They are actually interchangeable. These are both 6-32” slot-head screws, 5/16” shaft length and neither had nuts on them--they simply screwed tightly into the barrel tab. The 1960s No 25 had a lock washer under it. Did they ever have nuts?  I have no way of knowing just from these two examples, as this is the way I received these guns. But the screws cinched up tight without nuts. Hope this helps.

JCN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic