Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 899

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model 899
    Posted: March-14-2016 at 5:20pm
I have a model 889 daisy air gun. I would like to restore this thing for me or for the customer, the people that gave it to me, it belonged to a Vietnam veteran named Sam Katchur. Someone said it is the same gun as a  Gamo made model 1200..... can anyone restore the mechanicals for me? I called a Dennis from Baker airguns... He didn't seem to know much about this thing..  my number is 570-459-6988.. My name is Kyle my dads name is Dutch because our names are the same like call my dad Dutch if he answers while I am at work...  call me please leave a message with my dad. Nobody we know has even seen a pellet gun like this one.... My dad says he remembers certain kids where her grew up at had them... This thing looks ancient and to me would be a worthwhile project since anyone I call knows nothing about it other than my dad. he does not know who could fix one. If they could fix it should the Blue coat stuff be done before having the gun worked on for me? I'm willing to spend money on the gun if someone takes their time makes it work right and doesn't rip me off. It's a cool air gun. Dad backs me on fixing it too. help me please...
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2016 at 6:40pm
Kyle,

Have you called to check with Daisy on the repair? I'm not sure if it is a gun they would be able to repair, but might be worth a call.

I think Daisy also maintains a list of Daisy gunsmith's, and maybe they could be helpful.

My information shows the Daisy 889, a CO2 Pump Repeater .177 Cal. Pellet 12 shot, and Mfg. 1989-1993. This info is from The Chronology of Daisy Air Rifles from 1960-date.

Maybe some of the other readers will have more ideas, and I hope this is helpful to start.

Let me know if I can be anymore help. 
LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2016 at 6:50pm

Sorry, but I should have written Daisy Model 889.

This is the correct gun and information.
LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
BB1Shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2019 at 1:24pm
Dutch,

If you are still looking for repair parts for the 889, check with Rob at R&R Airgun Repair;

I think he has some parts for the Gamo G1200, which is the same gun.

I'm looking for a manual for the 889, anyone know where I could find it. Possibly online?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic