Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 97 Ricochet Rifle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model 97 Ricochet Rifle
    Posted: March-29-2019 at 12:15pm
Hi all , In have a model 97 that I am thinking of selling , it looks very good and the sound is good and it shoots nice , has a pretty warped stock on it , of course I had a spare stock that from what I remember would have fit this but of course let it go awhile back , was thinking a model 75 , 111 or 94 stock works but just can't remember , well anyway trying to figure if I there is any interest here or should I just go with Fleabay ? and any clues on price ? , thanks for any idea's .

Realshooter
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2019 at 8:00am
Yes, those models stocks should fit well if you decide to replace it. Need one from the same time period to match the color and pattern in the plastic.
For me the 97 seems to have the most problems with warped stocks.
Gary
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2019 at 11:26am
Yes I was thinking that some are a walnut brown and some like this one have the more red tint , I had one awhile back and it had a nice straight stock and all but not much of a noise maker until I bent the small catch that hits the cog , this one is about how they were when new as far as noise and power but man that stock looks like a banana , about like an old 107 stock I had on a gun , did find a good replacement for it , thanks for your input . 
Realshooter
rleegabe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleegabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2019 at 3:29pm
What are you asking for the model 97  you can reply to me at      rleegabe@hotmail.com
Ron Gabriel
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2019 at 4:43pm
Hello all , thank you for keeping me in mind , I actually sold that rifle a few days after I posted my questions , this forum and y'all rock ! .
Realshooter
rleegabe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleegabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2019 at 8:13pm
Hello Dannop2, I have a model 97 I will try your theory on thanks. Also I would like to ask where can I get new spring and seals for this 97 and a 1946 Red Ryder 111-model 40
Ron Gabriel
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2019 at 10:47pm
Hi , I know i am late but welcome to the Forum , great bunch of folks here , I am pretty sure the 102-36 ones are correct but please measure your old one's so we can check , J.G. Airguns has a host of parts , they have a minimum so make sure you find all of the parts you may need for any gun or maybe one of our members have a set once we no for sure what size , now on the old 111-40's , if there is no  oil her hole than you have leather seals and I just make my own out of leather I have on hand , some use old belts which is fine to but I like the vegetable tanned leather without a finish as I can cut the outside too big and the inside hole too small , then you oil it up with way too much oil ( I use 30 WT non detergent ) and force it on the air tube button , make sure you can blow through it easily and the when you are ready you slide it with some fineness into the rifle , as far as the chamber seal , I cut it a bit too big and the inside hole just so the air tube will slide in , If you want to glue it in place than make sure and clean the tube with alcohol - not rubbing alcohol as it has petroleum in it and use a piece of PVC pipe or a dowel rod and set it , I normally myself just cut it too big and force it after soaking it with oil and haven't had one that didn't work well , hope this is of some help .     
Realshooter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic