Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model C

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model C
    Posted: October-27-2018 at 10:34am
Does the Model C shot tube have a screw in base? or is it a bayonet type.
The rifle I have is missing the Shot tube and I would like to build one or buy one, but I have not been able to find any photos of one of these tubes.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2018 at 8:44pm
I'm not familiar w/the "C", and you probably know this already but if the end of the barrel shroud has a slot that goes all the way to the end of the shroud, then it's a "Hough" setup. Photos are not of a model C, they are of he No. 12 Model 29 single shot and are just to show the Hough type shot tube/front sight. Photos are from the PA blog.

Goof luck. 

39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2018 at 10:52pm
My Model C Single shot shot tube fits into the barrel and looks exactly like your pictures.  An Encyclopedia of Daisy Plymouth Guns by Gary Garber has a picture of the shot tubes for both the single shot & repeater on page 87.
Pat
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2018 at 12:54pm
I think those lead shot airguns are just too cool. If you shoot yours, I'd like to know what they shoot like- like are they as "powerful" as, say, an early blued Red Ryder? What is the accuracy like? I realize it may be hard to compare lead to steel shot but thought I'd ask anyway.
RRyder95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2018 at 3:28pm
The sight is fixed. I can't shoot it until I find a shot tube. I think the shot tube is like the Model H, but I can't see down the rifle to tell if screw in or not
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2018 at 3:43pm
Since you Model has a fixed front sight it is the repeater.  There should be a hole behind the front sight to load BB's.  The Model C repeater shot tube looks just like the Model H shot tube and screws in.
Pat
RRyder95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2018 at 4:48pm
Thanks for the photo Pat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic