Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model H 350 Plymouth, Mi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model H 350 Plymouth, Mi
    Posted: June-13-2009 at 7:49am

I just won a auction for subject BB gun on GunBroker Item 130635387 for $59; it is nickel plated and complete in all respects, however there is significent deterioration of finish on the receiver and I don't know if it will fire up with BB's.  I think this rifle was manufactured  between 1921-32, but as of now I don't know if this one is a No. 11 or No. 12.

There was no Reserve price and the bidding was started at $0.01; there were 4 bidders (including me) and each of us bid only one time: I had set my maximum bid at $65 and the bid increments were set at $2.00.

From what I could determine, this seller dealt exclusively with powder firearms; I had checked on seller's feedback and the last 35 auctions were powder firearms, which led me to the conclusion that air guns were not their forte and it was confirmed with comments in the seller's Item Description space.  I have noticed that when a surprisingly vintage air gun is posted by a seller that deals mostly with powder firearms the starting bid is priced surprisingly low with no Reserve price, and I think they just want to unload them.

The  Seventh Edition of Bluebook lists this specimen from $40 to $300 but I have found this reference book to be on the low end of what is currently happening at the auction sites.  This specimen falls betwen what I think is the $40 to $100 range according to the 7th Edition; I eventually paid $59.

I am not a serious collector but when I see something that intrigues me I poke around (sometimes getting into trouble-see  my post on Bidding Techniques At Auction Sites) but have learned to do as thorough a research effort as possible with the yet limited resources that I have at hand plus the internet search engines.

Although I think it was a worthwhile purchase, my question to those with much more knowledge than I have is, was itQuestion

Semper Fi
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2009 at 12:34pm

Well, I received the Model H 350 shot rifle today; tomorrow it gets shipped to a repair facility.  It's a ittie bittie thing, patented July 30, 1901 and Nov 3, 1908, so it has been around for awhile but worth salvaging.

Interestingly, I am still learning and I carry my title as a Newbie with my head hung lowAngry.  Upon receiving this Model H I immediately loaded two BB's and fired her up, nothing.  Pulled the shot tube and discoverd two BB's lodged therein; cleaned the shot tube, loaded two more BB's, they also jammed in the shot tube.  Cleaned it up again, but this time the rear sight blew off! Censored Man, that is the 2d air gun that has done that to me, the other being the Daisy Model 30-30 Buffalo Bill Scout.

Well, I disassembled the poor litttle thing and discovered that the seal was absolutely deteriorating so off to the repair shop she did go.

Lesson learned and it seems so obviousAngry, check the shot tube first, dumbo!

Semper Fi
RRyder95 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2017 at 7:13am
I know this is an old post, but just in case some one reads it and wonders about the model H frame. The rifle may have not fire the BB for two reasons. One because of seals and two this year takes a slightly different size, if I remember correctly.

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2017 at 7:44am
You're right- it would definitely have used lead shot. Thumbs Up  And if I understand it correctly, the constriction in the shot tube used with lead shot could cause steel shot to jam.
I'm betting Big Willie knows the error of his ways from back then- and could now write a book with all he knows about the Daisy BB gun!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic