Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy museum 179 pistol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy museum 179 pistol
    Posted: August-01-2019 at 6:07pm
Hey All
Anyone interested in the 179 Pistol sold by the Daisy museum. These were the last 179's made. They only made 700 of them. It is about 14 years old. This is new in the box with all the paper work. Selling for 265 shipped. Will only ship to the 48's. If interested email me at mmclark2@tds.net. Can send pictures.
Stevec
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2019 at 6:07pm
Anyone interested in making an offer before I try the auction sites
Stevec
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2019 at 9:39pm
It doesn't seem so, Steve.  Put 'er up on eBay with a reserve and see what happens.  Sounds like a nice pistol.
Be Prepared
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2019 at 5:30pm
Yeah, this is a tough crowd. Don't like ebay, cost to much and too many hoops to jump thru. Most of the time I use Gunbrokers
Stevec
BB1Shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2019 at 4:22pm
Steve, don't be discouraged by the lack of interest on this forum.
The 179 is more of a looker/display gun than a shooter. And yours, although rare, is an after thought, made out of left over parts from years gone by. Buy the time it was build it was already a "museum piece". So it's only a real niche market, you are selling to. Also, looks like a lot of collectors of 179 are getting to the "liquidation" stage of their lives, so lots on the market right now. Maybe not as mint as yours, but many are still in good condition. As well, the proliferation of CO2 BB peacemakers , and other western styled revolvers that have come out over the last couple of years, isn't helping sales of the 179.

I bought one in my youth to use with my 1st Daisy 1894, spittin image. Although advertised as 140 fps, I don't think it shot much more than 100 fps. I could actually see the BB arch and drop as I shot it on my then 15 ft. range I set up for my 1894. Didn't use it much, other than to practice "quick draw", as I bought a nice Crosman 44H holster for it. It was soon replaced with a Crosman 1861 Shiloh. Although not a fast to draw from the holster (it had a longer barrel), it was deadly accurate compared to the 179. Also, once I switched the 1861 to cross-draw style, I found it was not bad for the quick draw.

Not sure Gunbroker is going to be your answer, but you can try.

I would say that since you are selling niche market item, it will take time to find the right buyer who appreciated your 179 as much as you do. Patience is virtues in this sort of thing.

Also, got any more Daisy (or other) 1894's for sale?. Still looking for a Wells Fargo, old style wood stock & maybe old style Texas Ranger.   
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2019 at 5:37pm
Hey BB1
Yeah, I know what you are talking about.Been collecting Daisy stuff for years. I try here first to sell to get the members first shot at them ( no pun intended lol ). Why does everyone seem to think ebay is the way to sell. I have had really good luck with Gunbrokers. I can sit on it  but wonder why no one even makes an offer, even a low ball one. Just wait till I go to sell Gary's encyclopedia book HE HE HE. PLEASE, no one ask about it as it will be the last thing I sell
Stevec
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2019 at 10:59am

I will be selling my copy of The Encyclopedia of Daisy Plymouth Guns one of these days, and most likely the last piece to go in my collection.
I also have a nice copy of THe American BB Gun by Arni Dunathan, and two copies of "It's a Daisy" by Cass Hough. 
and the framed poster "It's A Daisy" by Richard N. Corrow, pictured Daisy guns from 1890 to 1940. 
All going on the sale list soon.

If anyone out there would like to own these books, you can contact me and I will place your name on my wish list and let you know when I have them on my sale list. This year probably. 

email tatankatoo@aol.com or text 702-250-1937
Louie LeMaster 
Louie LeMaster
Vietnam Veteran 67-68
tatankatoo@aol.com
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2019 at 5:21pm
Hey Louie
 I got the same books LOL
Stevec
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2019 at 7:19pm

Do you have a price in mind for the books? I have always tried to offer anything I am selling on here first, and I do not use ebay. 
Louie LeMaster
Vietnam Veteran 67-68
tatankatoo@aol.com
keenkutterrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenkutterrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2019 at 11:28pm
I have a 1894 Texas Ranger for sale. It has the missing piece by the hammer, but still a nice gun. Includes the original booklet. Among$290 plus shipping. Email me at daisubbgun2@hotmail.com.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic