Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy No. 102 Model 36: shot tube issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2016 at 3:03pm
Closer to the trigger you will see two dimples. You were squeezing where the four welds are. Those dimples are just dents in the "barrel" that stake the leather or rubber abutment washer in place. That washer rests up against the steel doughnut that the shot tube screws into. If you want to get at the doughnut, you have to squeeze there. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
AV8R View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AV8R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2016 at 6:53pm
Did such to the point where there are slight flattening of the metal. No go.
Don't dare squeezing on this any further. I may have to pony up and see what the Daisy gunsmith can do, live with it as is, or buy another.

But the point of this was to get mine working, so it'll likely be one of the first two options. After what we have tried, I'm curious if not doubtful that the smithy can do much more, unless he has some good tricks up his sleeve. I don't want to both spend the $80 and get it crushed if he fails at the same things we have tried. Maybe I'm talking myself to leaving things be.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2016 at 7:32pm
To be honest, except for the sentimental value, the gun is not worth it. I'm trying to sell a couple 102 mod. 36's right now for $35 each. Both from the 70's. They are not collectible. Just a fun plinker from back in the day. A Daisy gunsmith would have to charge more than the gun is worth to fix it.....way more. Hang it on the wall and remember the fun you had with it. 
Someone had suggested that the shot tube was spinning free at the barrel end and you saw the tube spinning when you tried to unscrew it. Maybe it's actually spinning free of the threaded part at the bottom. The tube itself is welded at both ends. I think you may have a rare instance of a nonfixible Daisy BB gun. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
daisyhunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2016 at 8:01pm
Contact  Jim Dry ,Claremore OK.   Phone 918-341-9104   He helped me with the same problem on a Red Ryder.  Gary
AV8R View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AV8R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2016 at 2:13am
Yes he's the smithy I was referring to.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2016 at 6:55pm
Added in case this comes up in a search. I would recommend using something like vice grips having thin jaws, padded of course, directly in line w/the stake marks so as to not distort the compression chamber.

almyjmoore View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2016 at 10:03pm

I would try a good hose clamp tightened around the barrel at the point of the donut washer. I have used hose clamps to close opened seams in barrels. Over tighten the hose clamp, then try to turn out the shot tube. Al

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic