Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy no. 102 model 36

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2020 at 11:53am
Just a word on the hang tags and other printed items sold by jackdog- they're virtually indistinguishable from original, except they're pristine instead of being torn, stained, or most likely totally missing. You will not be disappointed.

There is an online factory repair manual for the Daisy model 99 that was archived by DT member 'Fredryder' (thanks, GS!). There are differences in details like the trigger and shot tube between the 99 and the 102-36, but the basic powerplant disassembly is the same.
Dana Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dana Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2020 at 10:54am
I am also new to the forum and have just seen this old thread.  My muzzle cap still turns and opens the loading hole.  I would think oil would get yours working again.  My problem is with my wife's childhood #102, model 36.  The plastic stock has broken right at the top where it abuts the metal.  Does anybody know a source for a replacement stock?  I don't know if it has other problems yet - at first I could open the lever all the way, but the trigger would not set.  I put gun oil in the oil hole and let it sit for a couple of days, and this morning tried it and the trigger did set and the gun fired with what sounded like a proper air puff.
DCB
abandonista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abandonista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2020 at 5:13pm
Resurrecting this thread.  I just bought this model for my son at a garage sale.  Everything seems to be in working order (this thing is virtually mint except one big gouge on the stock and a few small scratches on the stock), loaded fine etc but only shoots like 10'.  anyone have any suggestions?
~Abandonista
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2020 at 7:17pm
There's a pretty good chance the barrel seal that sits at the bottom of the compression chamber has come loose and is sticking to the piston and air tube. This kills the power just like you described.

To check for this, remove the shot tube and look down into the barrel as you slowly work the cocking lever. If the seal is loose, you'll see it drop away from the abutment, leaving a large opening. The photos aren't easy to see, but they show this.

To fix this requires the gun to be fully disassembled. The piston is available but the barrel seal is not. I don't have a source for NOS seals, either. Sometimes the old seal can be reused, as long as it's not too far gone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic