Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Daisy No 25 Rifle and Daisy No 300 Telescope Sight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy No 25 Rifle and Daisy No 300 Telescope Sight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2010 at 6:05pm

Today I received a barn yard find, bought it on pure speculation (www.GunBroker.com item number 167022440), the auction photos were not too clear, it was very much covered with surface rust, rear sight missing, and stock appeared too dark to really see much but,  it was described as cracked.

Upon receipt today, discovered it was a Daisy Red Ryder No 111 Model 40, with a COPPER pinched front barrel band sight, , COPPER forearm band, although in both cases the copper is well worn. 

The stock is home-made, but well constructed,  and of course no Red Ryder logo.  I might try to sink a dowel through the pistol grip area where the carck runs and glue it in but will have to 'sleep' on it.  It is somewhat loose, can not get a tight fit to the receiver w/o doing something to it.  I have a Red Ryder stock due to arrive from eBay auction so might use that but it will not match the forearm, although I have a spare forearm that will match the forthcoming stock, but....then I will lose the charm of the barn yard find.  Decisions, decisions!!

It shoots STRONG and HARD, but w/o the rear sight it is tough to gain accuracy but as I was shooting it repeatedly was able to gain some accuracy.

UPDATE 6/10/2010:  Located a screw adjustable rear sight for $7.50, terrific!  Now all I have to do is figure out how to best attach it!
Semper Fi
acolt45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acolt45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 12:16pm
I never thought there would be this much demad for the scope on eBay. 
A surprising outcome.
I will be listing the Mod 25 soon.

Thank You for the information.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic