Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEZZ69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2018 at 6:24pm
daily
       thanks again ! I should run out of questions in the next few years Smile .
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2018 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by NEZZ69 NEZZ69 wrote:

Help 

My question is there is a seal above the plunger head is this the barrel seal ?
Yes

Quote  is the abutment washer the metal piece that is staked in the barrel ?  thanks again
The threaded metal plug inside the gun is usually just called the abutment. In the manual like the one for the Model 96, the "abutment washer" is the rubber barrel seal. The barrel seal/abutment washers were staked in place by the factory.
NEZZ69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEZZ69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 11:53am

Good Morning ! both of the rifles I have taken apart the barrel seal/abutment washer came out with the plunger assembly when I disassembled the rifle . Am I correct to assume they normally would not come out when disassembled ? Does this require a new washer or restaking the washer or both ? Both rifles shoot after reassembly thanks

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 12:59pm
NEZZ, Just a tip, if you plan on polishing out the air tube, try using a 12ga shotgun cleaning brush with the cleaning rod chucked into a drill. BE SURE TO USE A BRASS BRISTLE BRUSH, NOT STEEL BRISTLED. Steel brushes can scratch out the old steel inside the gun. Follow it with cleaner on a cotton 12ga brush. Use Peloil or similar for a light final coating. I have brought new life to a couple old relics and the smoothness has been increased.
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 1:38pm

Good Morning ! both of the rifles I have taken apart the barrel seal/abutment washer came out with the plunger assembly when I disassembled the rifle . Am I correct to assume they normally would not come out when disassembled ?

That's correct. The barrel seal gets stuck to the plunger head after sitting uncocked for extended periods. Using unapproved lubricants can make this worse, as can storage in high heat like an attic.

Quote  Does this require a new washer or restaking the washer or both ? Both rifles shoot after reassembly thanks
I always replace them. I've had the barrel seal stay in place w/o restaking after replacing w/a new one by using a length of electrical conduit as a driver to make sure it was all the way home and was done so evenly. I have only had one that needed more and on it I used some weatherstrip cement after thoroughly degreasing. I haven't staked any so have no info on that, other than to say to avoid piercing the barrel shroud if you restake in the same spots the factory used. And avoid ovaling the shroud.

You might get by with reusing the old seal as long as it's not too far gone. The center hole should fit the air tube- if there's excessive clearance MV will not be as good as it could be. Because this isn't something I routinely do, that's all I have.

Good luck!
NEZZ69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEZZ69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 4:16pm
I probably should just start all my post's with thank you !  everybody has been very helpful I appreciate it . although every answer leads to another question , thanks
NEZZ69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEZZ69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 4:24pm
   I'm wanting to order some supplies so that I have them on hand . According to cobalt previous post daisy has almost everything I need except the barrel seal . I looked on Jg airguns  and cant find where I could order just the barrel seal in both sizes any other suggestion's
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2018 at 8:34pm
Maybe someone else has a source for just the Red Ryder, 104, etc. size barrel seal, but most vendors sell them as a set. That said, there's no reason you can't contact Ken Hofstra @ Daisy Gun Works (520) 305-3114 Daisy@IntegrityGunsmithing.com and/or JG to see if they can fix you up w/a barrel seal.  Daisy has the just barrel seal for the Model 25 size guns.
NEZZ69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEZZ69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2018 at 9:48am
The seals from current production 25's will work in my model 96 . will the current model 25's plunger casing/spring guide work in my 96 ?
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2018 at 6:22pm

The seals from current production 25's will work in my model 96 . will the current model 25's plunger casing/spring guide work in my 96 ?
No.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic