Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy POP GUN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2017 at 7:30pm
Hey Marv
I did some search and cowboy papaw had sold one so I don't know where he says he has never heard of one.Don't get all excited on this as there are others out there.Saw your ad on graigslist,don't think that will happen.You gotta understand that Daisy collectors are more interested in bb guns and pop guns are an after thought.There is not a lot of info out there on the toy guns. Again, there is asking price and there is a getting price
Stevec
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 1:19pm
Steve,
Just now talked to folks at Daisy Museum.
They have NO RECORDS, no information whatsoever.
Said there is very little historical data available for any of the Pop Guns, but that it probably is very limited and desirable with collectors.
On 7/19/2012 HAKES COLLECTIBLE sold one on an internet auction for $411.
On 11/14/14 one was sold on internet for $385, and just the empty box sold for $255 on e-bay 3/14/17.
Marv

Marv, NW OH
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 3:10pm
Hey Marv
I have seen those for the LAWMAN rifle and believe the tie in is with the old TV show LAWMAN which makes it more collectable then the other 964s. It is called a cross over collectable. Have seen other 964s going for 65.00 and not sold on ebay and gunbroker.I have the Buffalo Bill one and think it would be worth more then a plain jane model as someone with a Buffalo Bill bb rifle would like to have it. Also some times auctions get out of hand.I had a rifle up for auction on GB and listed it for 100.00 and felt lucky if I could get a little  more then that. Two guys got into it and it went for 275.00. It is funny as I see people getting real good prices on this stuff on ebay but good luck trying to list there. I have an old Zorro pop gun made by Daisy and saw it on one of those other auctions and it went for over 400.00. Only one I can find that was sold,but like my buddy who sold old cars used to say,there is an a$$ for evey seat. Wish you luck with it
Stevec
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 4:46pm
I've been "suspended" from e-bay 5-6 times in the last few years...once for listing an empty box.
Do you think I could get away with listing it as a TOY?
If I do list, I'm thinking of putting a starting price of $299 and a reserve of about $500. I don't reallywant to sell, but interested in seeing if there is a "demand".  
Marv, NW OH
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 5:43pm
Hey Marv
Why not try gunbrokers. You can try ebay but to be honest I don't think it is going to sell at that price.I am going to list mine on GB real soon and will list for 100.00 .If I get that I would be real happy
Stevec
ant10293 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ant10293 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 1:04am
I have a daisy pop gun and I'm thinking about selling it. 
Anthony
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2021 at 9:03am
I just saw a No. 964 pop gun on ebay, it has a white stock and forearm. It's a light frame gun, not like the 1894, more like the Annie Oakley model 967 than anything else I have photos of.

This 964 was sold at Cowboy PaPaw's:

This is the 964 on ebay:

1doublebarrel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1doublebarrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2021 at 9:58am
Marv,  I have one like cobalt listed, new in box. Mine says Buffalo Scout Carbine  mod. 94. no reg. #s.  the box is opened faced. like it had a clear wrap around it.  had mine since 2007 from the Daisy get together in Mich.  I don't know any thing else about it.  bought it because it was different and new in box.
butch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic