Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DAISY ROCKET DARTS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DAISY ROCKET DARTS
    Posted: January-31-2022 at 5:05pm
HEY GUYS & GALS,  6 days post operation and doing a little better. typing a little struggle still.
MY wife and her cousin in NC had this metal Rocket TARGET sign made for me as a surprise. Just got it today.   I did graphics on this target sign about ten years ago but never did anything with it.  was very excited and surprised to get this.  Had the rocket rifle and darts in box but now have a target to shoot at.   Thought I would share this.  My wife's cousin worked at the mfg plant where they make these signs. He is retired now.
Not  a lot daisy toy guys out there, but if someone has a Daisy Rocket dart pistol for sale give me a shout-out..  LOL

Rick

Aim Straight
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2022 at 6:17pm
Rick, so glad to hear that you are on the mend. Keep it up.

That metal target is great! I really like the way it looks.   That gal of yours is a keeper. 😉
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2022 at 6:32pm
Keep getting better, Rick! The target sign is amazing- super cool graphics, and I hope you score a Daisy Rocket dart pistol to go with your rifle.
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2022 at 7:37pm
Welcome back! I will keep my eyes peeled for your dart gun. Great graphics on the sign! What is the approximate vintage I should look for?
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2022 at 9:52pm
THANKS GUYS.  THE PIC OF SIGN DOESN'T DO IT JUSTICE.  

Jay the dart gun pistol is vintage early 1950s. PLYMOUTH  They made both a dart and a cork gun pistol  using the same frames.  

Aim Straight
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2022 at 12:16am
Rick that pistol is the tarted-up version of the (wildly popular) 1934 Rocket Pistol. The lithograph paint job on your pistol was obviously inspired by early hippie Daisy employees 'relaxing' out behind the Daisy plant. I'll keep my eyes open to help you find one.Big smile

jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2022 at 10:49pm
Tongueyeah they were colorful for sure!
Aim Straight
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic