Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

daisy scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: daisy scopes
    Posted: November-21-2017 at 3:17pm
Just picked up a daisy scope and would like to find some info about it. It was made in Rodgers, Ark out of dark gold colored plastic. Looks like the no. 303 but the adjustment knobs are just molded in and there are no cross hairs. It does have a lens on both ends and I'm guessing 2x power. There is a double rail along the bottom with multiple holes that looks like it would take the same mount as a 303. My question is did this come on certain Daisy models or was it just available separately? Thanks for your help.
ParkerMas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkerMas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2017 at 8:46am
Originally posted by zipper28 zipper28 wrote:

Just picked up Leanbean and a daisy scope and would like to find some info about it. It was made in Rodgers, Ark out of dark gold colored plastic. Looks like the no. 303 but the adjustment knobs are just molded in and there are no cross hairs. It does have a lens on both ends and I'm guessing 2x power. There is a double rail along the bottom with multiple holes that looks like it would take the same mount as a 303. My question is did this come on certain Daisy models or was it just available separately? Thanks for your help.

I would like to see the scope, Zipper. Any chance of posting pics?

Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2017 at 9:04am
Sounds like one from a Daisy 103. They were painted gold and came with a scope from the factory, no rear sights.
Gary
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2017 at 12:46pm
I have one on a Daisy Model 960, Old Trusted Trainer
This is a toy pop gun that looks similar to the Daisy Model 102.
I found some pictures of it by googling daisy toy gun with scope and look under images when it comes up.
Pat
Poacher53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poacher53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2017 at 5:45pm
Daisy usually mounted these scopes on their popular smoke/noise maker rifle, packaged as the "Daisy  Frontier Scouting Kit", manufactured in 1956.   
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2017 at 12:31am
Hey thanks for that information. From the web I saw pictures of a Model 1160 Superscope toy rifle and the rifle in the Daisy Frontier Scouting kit had this exact same scope. Never thought to look at their toy guns. I thought they mostly came with the simple tubes for scopes. This one is pretty detailed and has a lens at both ends. It was probably never offered on a bb gun.
Poacher53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poacher53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2017 at 5:39pm
Glad I was able to help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic