Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Serial Numbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimOD9857 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Serial Numbers
    Posted: June-09-2013 at 6:32pm
Hello To All,  Clap

I hope everyone is having a great day. I know that the Daisy knowledge is vast on this forum and I need to tap into this base. I have a very small but nice collection of Daisy BB & Pellet guns with a couple of small questions. I am attempting to log all of the information about these guns in a data base but have a couple small problems. 
 1. Is there a site or database out there to find the age or year that a gun was manufactured? My Blue Book of Airguns will give me a date that it was built between but not the exact years. Then there is always the different variations. If anyone knows of a way to locate this information I would appreciate and help. 
 2. Serial Numbers - Most of the guns I own I have been able to locate a serial number fairly easy but there are a couple that do not have one I can locate. I know that in the beginning God created the Daisy but no necessarily the serial number. Is there any information out there that I could check which would let me know for sure if is should or should not have one? The particular ones I'm interested in is my chrome Daisy Targeteer about 1950, a Hahn 45 Revolver about 1958, two Red Ryder's about 1945 & 1947 & two Daisy Model 25's Variant No. 6 & 7. If anyone out there might be able to help with this problem please just let me know.

Respectfully,
   Tim O'Donnell Wink
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 8:25pm
According to the information contained in Gary Garber's masterful work, "An Encyclopedia of DAISY Plymouth Guns," the first register Numbers were used late 1952-fall 1953, and later were developed as Lot Numbers.

Items manufactured prior to that time did not have these numbers; good luck in deciphering those numbers, they do contain information as to day, month and year of manufacture, but you need a code book.
semper fi
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 8:48pm
The Hahn was made by Crosman. And went under the name Hahn from 1958 till 1970 when it became the Cr Frontier 36. The owner of Crosman didn't want to put Crosman on a lowly BB gun so used his last name on it. By the early 60's Crosman realized BB guns made them big bucks but Hahn stayed on this gun for another decade. You can tell the vintage by style/size of lettering and the type of valve. Earlier variants had an Oring as the Co2 end seal in the valve.  

As Willie says, deciphering Daisy registration/lot #s can be an art unto itself. 

I'm still hunting for Garber's book....for $2 at a flea market. LOL Cant afford it any other way. 

Take your work seriously, but don't take yourself seriously.
DaisyBBgunner View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DaisyBBgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2013 at 7:07pm
Some years back, Dave Albert and I wrote a 3-page article regarding Daisy register and lot numbers in general, how the system of numbering guns changed over the years and when. The article is free for the asking. Just email daisybbgunner@aol.com.

Be advised that I am in the process of wrestling Windows 7 to the ground after being an XP user for years. If I'm a little slow in responding, that's why.
daisybbgunner@aol.com
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2013 at 7:13pm
Thank you for that. I will fire you off an email for that info on the D serial #'s. I too suffer from Daisy number confusion.
Take your work seriously, but don't take yourself seriously.
JCE3000GT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCE3000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2013 at 7:39pm
Too bad someone doesn't code a web php site it Windows program that you can put in your serial to get the informational breakdown of that number.
TimOD9857 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimOD9857 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2013 at 9:18pm
  Hello All,

Thank you all for your responses. I will get a note out to daisybbgunner right away and see what I can come up with. Thank you all for helping. If & when I locate some good information I will let you all know, Thanks again for the assistance. I hope I can return the favors someday.

Thanks,
    Tim O'D
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2014 at 11:14pm
Gary, thanks for the sharing the article that you and Dave researched and wrote, I really appreciate it.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic