Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy shipping boxes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy shipping boxes
    Posted: March-07-2019 at 4:16pm
Hey All
Anyone know where I can buy the plain brown shipping boxes used by the museum to ship their rifles
Thanks,Stevec
keenkutterrick View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenkutterrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2019 at 4:28pm
I make my own. I get 4x8 pieces of cardboard, measure it out and bend it in my metal brake.
Daisy Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisy Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2019 at 9:20am
Steve,
They get some of their boxes from: Gibson Box Co.

10629 Highway 62 E, Ash Flat, AR 72513

(870) 994-7850

Daisy Pete
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2019 at 9:25am
The post office will delivery bundles of 12 "Mailing Tubes" direct to your door at no cost. These tubes work great for all guns shorter than the 1894. With that gun, I have to hot glue an additional 3-4 inches to one end.  Just cut about 6 inches off another tube and glue it on. Works great...
Marv, NW OH
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2019 at 3:36pm
Thanks guys. Marv Mar. I know about the USPS tubes but looking to ship rifles that have original boxes with them
Stevec
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2019 at 4:21pm
The tubes are 3 sided...shaped like a triangle. I lay them on a flat workbench and bend them over the edge to create new "creases" or folds. You can then wrap the tube completely around the Daisy Box and have just enough material left to  hot glue together and form a snug rectangular box. Works great. 
Marv, NW OH
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2019 at 9:03pm
U-line is a good source for boxes of all shapes and sizes.
Be Prepared
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2019 at 3:38pm
Boxes that size are spencive. I get my shipping boxes from the local gun shop or flower shop. :)
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2019 at 9:24pm
Stevec,
    I get my boxes on-line and they are 6x6x40 and you can put two boxed guns inside one of these boxes.   Or I cut the box in half length wise and put the two halves together and make a single box with two double walls and it makes a strong box to protect the boxed gun inside.  Here's a link to them on e-bay.  That will come out to $2.40 a box to ship either a single gun or a double.  Well worth it if your sending a gun worth a couple a hundred with the original box and paperwork.  I've never had the animals damage one yet.  But I have received 4 broken 1894 stocks from poor shipping containers from other people.  One they actually bent the barrel, I swear they walked on it, great for shooting around corners.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tall-Cardboard-Shipping-Packaging-Boxes-54-Choices-Super-Fast-Shipping/272204480282?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=571010189003&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Keep On Plinking
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2019 at 12:09am
When I was looking into shipping cartons for rifles I bookmarked this listing. May be others cheaper by now but at the time they were about the least expensive for 200#/32 kraft corrugated cardboard cartons.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic