Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy toy gun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsaumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy toy gun
    Posted: January-03-2015 at 7:15pm
I can't seem to find anything online about a Daisy Toy gun I just got. All my searches turn up BB guns. For anyone that might be able to help, It looks like a trench gun and here's a link to a pic. I hope the link works.
http://s889.photobucket.com/user/bsaumph/library/?sort=3&page=1

The gun is about 24in, 31 w/bayonet. The only moving part is the slide. The bayonet is detachable and I'm not sure if it even belongs on it.

Thanks for any help!
dennisschn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisschn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2015 at 7:57pm
give me a email on it I have info on it its a daisy model 16 would be very interested in it if you want to sell it dennis at bbgunking1@yahoo.com
DaisyBBgunner View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBBgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2015 at 8:34pm
The bayonet does belong on the gun, which as Dennis pointed out, is a Daisy No. 16 toy gun. I have a historical interest in this gun; it appears in the toy chapter of my book. I would certainly be interested in seeing more photos of the gun. You can email me at daisybbgunner@aol.com. If the toy is for sale, I'd have an interest in buying. Thank you. Gary Garber
Gary Garber
daisybbgunner@aol.com

bsaumph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsaumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2015 at 9:29pm
Thanks for the help iding this. I thought it might be a pop gun but couldn't figure out how it would work because there's a solid plug tabbed into the barrel toward the end,but I see it had an internal pop mechanism. I assume something's broken or missing because the slide doesn't engage anything. I imagine there must have been a spring somewhere. What would it take to make this work?

Seems in pretty good shape Stock isn't dinged up cracked and scratched much. A little loose in the "receiver" but not bad. Sounds like these are kinda rare which brings up the big question....how much is it worth?
dennisschn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisschn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2015 at 9:45pm
the slide doesn't engage any thing its just a pop gun the slide is all it is fake trigger send email ill make you a good offer the last one I seen went pretty high dennis at bbgunking1@yahoo.com
Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2015 at 11:23am
You really need to put it up for auction and make the interested parties bid on it if you plan to sell it.
A lady came to the bbairguns forum a few years ago and had a really rare Daisy from her family.  She did somewhat the same as you have done by asking questions about it.  Some on there offered her what she thought was a good price for an old toy.
I advised her to put it up for auction to get its true value to a collector.  She did and it sold for ten times her best offer from some of the collectors on there.
Everyone wants a good deal when buying so the auction is the best way for a seller to get the true value.
The auction just needs to be publicized on several of the collector sites so everyone knows it is taking place.  If this toy is rare as it seems to be from the comments it will bring a better price than taking an offer which is a shot in the dark.
Good Luck with whatever you decide
Just My 2 Cents
Rick Cates
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2015 at 11:27am
By the way I have seen the bayonet alone on ebay sell for hundreds of dollars if it is what it looks like in the photo.
Just My 2 Cents
Rick Cates
bsaumph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsaumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2015 at 2:30pm
I guess I wouldn't even know where to start with auction and collector sites.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2015 at 3:41pm
Ebay is not my favorite site but that is a good place to sell rare items.  Then post here and other air gun sites that it is on ebay.  Be sure to list the auction number.  You can also put a reserve on it in case it does not bring what you think it might be worth.  
I have seen others here on this site do that.
Gunbroker.com and Auctionarms.com have airgun sections and might be a place to use however, it being a pop gun it might not go well there other than the people from the forums who know it is there.
Google airgun forums and post there also that it is on auction.
We as collectors troll ebay for Daisy items on a regular basis.
Ebay is loosing a lot of people now due to their policies and the scams going on through Paypal which they also own however, a lot of people who collect still visit the site.
Visit ebay and search previous sales on Daisy Bayonet and see what those things sell for.  You may be pleasantly surprised.
Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.
Rick Cates
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic