Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy work-a-day life

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy work-a-day life
    Posted: January-17-2022 at 11:51pm

Well tomorrow is another work day. Instead of grumbling, read this little tidbit about the early days at Daisy Manufacturing Company. This is from former employee Karl Starkweather.

“I began work at Daisy in 1906, when I was 16 years old. I operated a punch press there, working 10 hours a day, six days a week”.

He wasn’t complaining--in fact he marveled that “some Daisy employees were earning $10.50 a week”.

So keep that in mind and smile over your coffee cup today.Smile

Daisy press room circa 1910.

DaisyBBgunner View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBBgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2022 at 3:22pm
Thank you, Gunslinger, for this post.  For years, I've been collecting photos of the Plymouth factory, but did not have this one.  Most of mine are of the exterior.  If anyone has any photos of the factory to share, I'd really like to receive them at the email address below.  Thanks.
Gary Garber
daisybbgunner@aol.com

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2022 at 12:37am
Originally posted by DaisyBBgunner DaisyBBgunner wrote:

Thank you, Gunslinger, for this post.  For years, I've been collecting photos of the Plymouth factory, but did not have this one.  Most of mine are of the exterior.  If anyone has any photos of the factory to share, I'd really like to receive them at the email address below.  Thanks.
Gary, are your photos available to view online? If not, do you plan on publishing them?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic