Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disassemble Daisy model 177 pistol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disassemble Daisy model 177 pistol
    Posted: September-09-2019 at 3:17pm
Anyone know the "trick"? 

The grips have some warp but other than that it's very clean. But the seals are in need of replacement- only getting 98 fps and it does the same if I use the stock shot tube or one from a 25. Wanted to try a new 25 tube but the bottom catches on a lip inside the shroud so it won't screw in.

the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2019 at 10:40pm
Them things were made as a toy, really. Never meant to be worked on if the seals went. I have heard that some folk had luck grinding off the rivets to break down the gun and replace the seals. Then replace the rivets with a nail peened on both sides. I have "unwarped" the plastic grips by squeezing them together in a padded vice and gently getting them good and hot with a heat gun. Leave in the vice for 24 hours. Careful. Gentle and heat gun are all but mutually exclusive. A hair dryer didn't quite do it, for me though. Good luck.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
RRyder95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2019 at 12:18pm
Anyone ever try "Screw Post" to replace rivets. I think they come in different metal, Stainless, Brass and Steel

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic