Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Early No. 25 Pump Gun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early No. 25 Pump Gun
    Posted: November-13-2020 at 11:52am
There's an early 25 on ebay that has a bright nickel finish. I'm the first to admit my knowledge of the 25 is lacking, but I thought the original Ni finish was done with a black cast to it and that it didn't look similar to chrome. Anyone know if the bright NI finish was used?

mcw4rosy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcw4rosy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2020 at 2:07pm
I also just saw that one on ebay. Along with the Asking Price. Not sure that was a "Original" Factory Product. 
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2020 at 2:46pm
I have one of the first nickel finish model 25 that the black lacquer coating has worn off or been removed. The finish is not bright.  In my opinion that model 25 shown above does NOT have the original factory finish.
Pat
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2020 at 7:09pm
With just a quick glance (and not enough pictures) it looks like maybe a 1916 vintage. It is also so very, very clean that it doesn't appear to ever have been handled. I would guess this is a very nice chrome
finish (even the trigger!)--possibly a presentation gun, and not one ever sold for the trade.
Rstin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rstin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2020 at 3:50am
Why, I am not an expert, I know a lot about things,nickel plating turns yellow after a few years, I am not even sure when chrome was available, I would guess from my knowledge and just the look it is definitely not original, nickel never looks like chrome!!!
Totally a different color.
Rog
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2020 at 10:29am
Looks like chrome , from what I read Chrome plating became available in 1924 for commercial use.

Ejwills.
Ejwills
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2020 at 10:43am
I have one of the nickled (not tickled) 25's with the black lacquer but most of the black is wore off.
Gun was missing the fromnt sight and in well used/abused condition.

I am guessing someone cleaned this one up by removing all the black?
Gary
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2020 at 2:54pm
I have my doubts that its original ! The finish just looks too hard.
http://www.daisyking.com/history/PumpGuns/TheNo25PumpGun.htm

Ejwills.
Ejwills
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic