Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Economical' gun racks..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Economical' gun racks..
    Posted: June-20-2018 at 10:29pm
For a while I've been trying to come up with 'frugal' ways of displaying / storing some of my Daisys.  This past weekend wandering Walley world I had a brainstorm, leading to a rack that can hold 7 long guns, with an all in cost around $20.  

I started out with a clothes drying rack.  

I added two of the 3M two sided tape wall hooks to keep the top stable, and taped the feet to the table to keep things from shifting.  Then I made hooks out of 14 gauge galvanized wire, put 1/4" vacuum hose over the wire so there was no wire to gun contact, and, well, that's it!  For the price and effort, think it looks okay.

Does anyone else have an inexpensive gun rack they figured out / created, and care to share?  This could be another fun thread...

Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2018 at 8:35am
Interesting concept. Great thinking.
Nice that since you make the hooks you can adjust them for what ever length you need, not always an option with many other pre-made systems.
Gary
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2018 at 1:19pm
Cool rack- and cool guns on display!
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2018 at 5:57pm
Here's another one.  It started its life as a cheap camisole holder (2-pack for $12!).  

Bent some of the arms out, and made a nice rack for under my son's bunk bed.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic