Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First Red Ryder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Red Ryder
    Posted: February-12-2020 at 10:08am
Hey all, If you get the opportunity, read the story by Joe Murfin on the Daisy Outdoor Products Site about the first Red Ryder ever made. Then you will see that a tribute rifle is available from the Rogers Daisy Museum. The story made the hair on my neck stand on end. Joe really tells a good story and makes me want to visit the museum once more. Let me know what all you Daisy fans think. Drop a line or email to Joe if you enjoyed it as much as I did.
Air-It-Is
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2020 at 2:50pm
Be Prepared
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2020 at 6:24pm
Great read, Thanks for sharing.

Ejwills.
Ejwills
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2020 at 8:53am
The Daisy Museum price on this gun is $99. They only made 1,000 of them but #'s 0001 and 0002 are retained, so in reality only 998 should be available.

I hate to be so skeptical but keep an eye on the marketing sites for imposters. You know it's just a matter of time.
Air-It-Is
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2020 at 10:41am
It isn't going happen but it would be nice if the they made a nice replica like the original with the lightening loader feed system with copper bands and  blued metal and stronger spring..

Ejwills.
Ejwills
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2020 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by oldwizzer oldwizzer wrote:

It isn't going happen but it would be nice if the they made a nice replica like the original with the lightening loader feed system with copper bands and  blued metal and stronger spring..

Ejwills.

I agree with you Wiz. That really would be great! However, they would have to produce one from scratch. The museum isn't the Daisy company so I guess a "Tribute" model is as close as it gets. Always nice to dream though.
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2020 at 2:58pm
Off topic alert

I cannot imagine trying to collect one of every one of this type of collectible Daisy- there must be literally hundreds by now.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic