Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 179 - Healthways Western Plainsman

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy 179 - Healthways Western Plainsman
    Posted: October-16-2021 at 5:25pm
I know this is a long shot, but would anyone know if the BB feeding spring from a Daisy 179 would work on a Healthways Western Plainsman, spring pistol. Both have similar BB loading systems (that is single action pistol, where BBs feed into gun via internal spring feed magazine).

Parts diagram for Plainsman:

https://www.jgairguns.biz/plainsman-9405-spring-revolver-c-78_308_977/

The Western Plainsman, was a very rare "peacemaker" styled BB gun. Was only made for one year (1963) and came in a CO2 (8 gm.) & spring version. The spring version seems to be similar to the Daisy 179, but was spring powered, where as the 179 was more of a "catapult" gun.

The CO2 version seemed to be a bit ahead of it's time. No bulky CO2 under the barrel, like the Crosmans. More like the modern CO2 western revolvers that have it's CO2 in the grips. 

I know it's a long shot, but just got both version of the Western Plainsman & one has a weak loading spring & the other is missing a spring. Of course, there doesn't seem to be any parts out there for them.

Thanks. 
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2021 at 11:57pm
A long shot Gerald; since I do not have the Plainsman western, but would a streched out click pen ink  spring work?? I use these all the time for various things... just a thought.
Rick
Aim Straight
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic