Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New style lever. Old style gun!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New style lever. Old style gun!
    Posted: November-17-2021 at 6:34pm
Comments have been made about the difficulty cocking the old style (Plymouth guns) compared to the easier cocking new style guns. I believe Daisy changed the pivot location from low to high for this purpose.   I've found that with a few alterations and using a new lever to the gun can achieve easier cocking in an old style gun. This is done without changing the internals.

If anyone wants pictures and explanation, my email is in my profile.   (I'm not good with posting pictures).
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2021 at 1:06am
If you send them over, I'll post them...
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2021 at 1:41am
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

If you send them over, I'll post them...

Thanks Mark.   I'll get some ready and fire them over to you.
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2021 at 2:00am
"The first picture compares old and new factory configuration"

"The pivot points have been moved.   The front slot has been elongated and the bridge in front of the trigger has been cut back to make room for the lever to swing down"

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2021 at 9:21pm
Thanks to Cobalt327 for posting these pictures.   
I used a 111-40 for the conversion.   It was in really bad condition.   I discovered that Daisy kept the same size and shape for the old and new style guns.   Drawing the shape of the gun and plotting the swing of both levers (overlaying them) showed they both intersect the plunger equally.

I may just Frankenstein this back into working condition, now that it's so much easier to cock!
Air-It-Is
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2021 at 11:25am
Mark [Cobalt327] , great display of pictures , as always ! It makes it so much easier to follow the subject matter at hand . Your knowledge and great detailed images contribute so much to this forum, I'm sure all who frequent this forum, all that you have helped and have given so much of your time will all agree a well deserved and "Big Thank" You is in order ! We are so lucky to have you here !

Ed. J. Williams
Ejwills
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2021 at 6:08pm
For the sake of you folks who cringe at the thought of a wonderful old Daisy going "under the knife". No pristine, or even close to "in great shape" airguns were used in this experiment!
I'm not one to ruin a good thing. With all of the repairs and custom work I've gotten away with, I haven't had to scrap a good gun due to failure.   

Hmmmmm. Wonder what kind of mischief I can get into next?   
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2021 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by oldwizzer oldwizzer wrote:

Mark [Cobalt327] , great display of pictures , as always ! It makes it so much easier to follow the subject matter at hand . Your knowledge and great detailed images contribute so much to this forum, I'm sure all who frequent this forum, all that you have helped and have given so much of your time will all agree a well deserved and "Big Thank" You is in order ! We are so lucky to have you here !

Ed. J. Williams
I appreciate that, Ed. I get more info from the members here than I could ever contribute in return! 

Originally posted by Airitis Airitis wrote:

For the sake of you folks who cringe at the thought of a wonderful old Daisy going "under the knife". No pristine, or even close to "in great shape" airguns were used in this experiment!
  I'm not one to ruin a good thing. With all of the repairs and custom work I've gotten away with, I haven't had to scrap a good gun due to failure.   

Hmmmmm. Wonder what kind of mischief I can get into next?    
You are like Shane in that regard- all the guns he "Rest-O-Mods" are beyond help in most cases, and in all cases are not collector grade BB guns by any stretch of the imagination. These uncollectable BB guns still deserve some care and respect and I'm glad you and him and others breathe new life into them.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2021 at 6:17pm
Mark, right you are.   I've seen some of Mr. Bruce's patients and, they aren't totally trash, as long as he has the imagination to think outside the box.   
An artist uses canvas and brush.   A sculptor uses clay. BB guns are a type of medium too. Beauty is in the eye.........!
Air-It-Is
Joe Johnson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Johnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2021 at 9:26pm
Huzzah! Shane, like Mark, is good people. Very informative and not secretive with their knowledge.
Heck, if it wasn't for Shane I never would have gotten started. And if not for Mark and his wealth of parts, I'd still be contemplating how to get more bang from my Buck.

I gained a lot of knowledge in a few short months and it was relatively free. Yeah I bought a gun and some parts, but I'd do it all over again a hundred times. It was one of the better investments I've made in my life. 

How's that old joke go? "You can get a good look at a t-bone" ..... "or you can take the butchers word for it." I did both! I stuck my head inside a Daisy, but only after asking the butcher how to dismantle the cow.

Much respect to those who teach by doing.
Be, be the ball.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic