Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aftermarket Shot Tubes: Hit Or Miss?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doc540 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aftermarket Shot Tubes: Hit Or Miss?
    Posted: December-15-2021 at 1:08pm
literally

Just bought two from the same Ebay source and one is all over the paper in both my No. 40 and 25 rifles.

Are these notorious for questionable quality and accuracy?  

Thanks
undertaker View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undertaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2021 at 1:28pm
The answer is yes, unfortunately. I have experienced the exact same thing with new shot tubes. Chinese quality control??
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2021 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by doc540 doc540 wrote:

literally

Just bought two from the same Ebay source and one is all over the paper in both my No. 40 and 25 rifles.

Thanks
Be sure the shot tube is cleaned and totally free of oil. If you are using Crosman Copper Head BBs, unless they've improved them, they're notoriously inaccurate. Undersized, pitted and peeling plating, just a bad piece of work. The photo below came from Crosman's online site. I recommend Daisy Precision Max like sold by Walmart, Ace, and Tractor Supply, etc. Even better are Daisy Avanti Precision Ground Shot sold by Pyramyd Air and other online vendors. Link below.

I have sold a few new 25 shot tubes and no one has reported any problems- but if you bought it from me, return it and I'll either refund you 100% or replace it, your choice.

doc540 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doc540 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2021 at 10:18am
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

Originally posted by doc540 doc540 wrote:

literally

Thanks
Be sure the shot tube is cleaned and totally free of oil. If you are using Crosman Copper Head BBs, unless they've improved them, they're notoriously inaccurate. Undersized, pitted and peeling plating, just a bad piece of work. The photo below came from Crosman's online site. I recommend Daisy Precision Max like sold by Walmart, Ace, and Tractor Supply, etc. Even better are Daisy Avanti Precision Ground Shot sold by Pyramyd Air and other online vendors. Link below.

I have sold a few new 25 shot tubes and no one has reported any problems- but if you bought it from me, return it and I'll either refund you 100% or replace it, your choice.

Thanks for all the good information.

The Ebay seller is swapping the shot tube at no charge, so I shipped it back yesterday.

This morning I ordered the Daisy Precision Ground Shot.

I'll report back with updated results.

Even using the low end, copper BB's, one shot tube was markedly less accurate than the other.

Hopefully, with the upgraded bb's, they'll both be even more accurate.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2021 at 6:58pm
I can't guarantee it'll be more accurate using the good BBs, but there's a very good chance it will be, and the MV will also be higher.

Good luck, Mark
doc540 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doc540 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2021 at 9:47pm

I can't guarantee it'll be more accurate using the good BBs, but there's a very good chance it will be, and the MV will also be higher.

Good luck, Mark

Mark, how do I find you on Ebay or how to order from you?
I need to buy another shot tube.
Thanks
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2021 at 11:04pm
Send me an email to cobalt327 at hotmail dot com and I'll send you a PayPal invoice. That way I don't have as many fees and you don't have to pay tax.

Mark
doc540 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doc540 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2022 at 6:08pm

Send me an email to cobalt327 at hotmail dot com and I'll send you a PayPal invoice. That way I don't have as many fees and you don't have to pay tax.

Mark

Shot tube arrived in good condition and shoots well.

Thanks!
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2022 at 11:54pm
Excellent!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic