Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP WITH LITTLE DAISY and broken plunger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP WITH LITTLE DAISY and broken plunger
    Posted: January-13-2022 at 7:32pm

Need some help from my friends here,  Got this little Daisy cork gun 20 years ago.  didn't work when I first  got it so I immediately took it apart to see what was going on.  

The issue was a busted plunger. Swore a couple nasty words at the site of that plunger,  then threw the whole  bunch of parts in a baggie and into my parts box and forgot about it.
Dug it out this week when re-discovered it, and now I have two questions , hoping for some answers:
1. Do I have all the parts?  I think there should be a little spring between trigger and sear???
not real sure about the spring but??? Anybody have one so they can check for a spring?

2. Second question : any help on whether the plunger can be  fixed?  maybe welded (I know nothing about welding), bolting a new L shaped piece on?  etc. .any suggestions welcomed and appreciated..

Aim Straight
undertaker View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote undertaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2022 at 9:19pm
I think you could weld the plunger but your idea about adding an L-bracket could work as well. I would add it to the outside of the L. Silver solder with the correct acid flux should work for the L bracket. Cant help you with the trigger spring. Both of my Little Daisys are break over BB guns with different triggers.
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2022 at 10:20pm
Rick, I think this Upton popgun sketch is a bit newer than your Little Daisy, but maybe it will show some similarities on the innards. If you can find some patent info on your popgun maybe I can come up with its sketch for you.

jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2022 at 10:49pm
THANKS CLIFF FOR INPUT AND THOUGHTS ON THE PLUNGER AND SPRING
Aim Straight
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2022 at 10:57pm
THANKS JAY FOR LOOKING AT THOSE PATENTS,   THIS GUN HAS MARKINGS FOR "PATENTS PENDING" THATS ALL so I guess I'm out of luck there . I'm not sure it had a spring to be honest..
The upton looks pretty different as far as Trigger and has no sear.  
sorry guys I still having trouble typing/  Surgery now Jan 25 to fix this I hope///
Rick
Aim Straight
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2022 at 12:40am
I am still hoping someone has one and they can look and see if there is a spring!  

it is rather uncommon.
Aim Straight
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2022 at 5:22am
I found this photo here: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-little-daisy-toy-pop-gun-1825631043
The gun is said to be working. It seems to show the relationship between the parts but whether the gun actually works, well, who knows. But maybe from the photo you can see whether a spring would be needed.

Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2022 at 5:57pm
I have a Little Daisy that looks like the one in the photo above however. mine is in much better shape and does work.  I do not think the posted picture above is a working model.  The trigger spring seems to be missing in the photo.
Mine does have a short trigger spring between the trigger and the flat metal piece behind the trigger that holds the lever in place when the lever is in its resting position.
The Little Daisy is braded together and does not have screws to take it apart so I am just looking up into the mechanism.  The spring I am looking at is visible from the side without looking directly up into the mechanism.  It is a small diameter and short.
I can probably measure the compressed length however, it is short to fit in between the trigger and the metal retainer for the lever.
I hope this helps.
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
undertaker View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undertaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2022 at 7:20pm
You would think that a Daisy that sold for .50 cents would still work after 100 years 😬
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2022 at 1:01am
thanks Mark I Will lay out the parts the best I can and see what it looks like.  
Aim Straight
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic