Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air tube soldering.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2022 at 11:44am

Thank you, Cobalt327, that will make it quicker to access.

Thanks for all of your previous help as well, regards, gkenny.
undertaker View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undertaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2022 at 12:21pm
That thread should be a sticky!
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undertaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2022 at 12:49pm
That is a very good video with some great tips! FYI, on the early Buck Jones that use the cup seal, I use a Coleman Lattern primer cup seal. You might have to trim the edge a little but they work great and are cheap. Also, I use a 3/16" rod to determine the length of the air tube. Insert the rod into the shot tube to where it just clears the hole for the BB to enter and mark it with a Sharpie. Assemble the rifle and re insert the rod with the gun in the cocked position. The mark should be in tyhe same position relative to the end of the shot tube. This is the first thing I check on BB guns with feeding issues whether its not feeding or feeding more than 1 BB at a time.
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2022 at 6:00pm
Glad to help. gkenny, where did you find your brass tube material? I would like to look it over. Undertaker comes up with the great tips again, thanks. Ditto to Cobalt for simplifying things. Jay
restorology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote restorology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2022 at 11:04am
Hey gkenny. That is my video. If you have any questions about anything you see in it, feel free to contact me at the e-mail address listed on my channel page under the About tab. Good luck with the repair! 

Matt
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undertaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2022 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by restorology restorology wrote:

Hey gkenny. That is my video. If you have any questions about anything you see in it, feel free to contact me at the e-mail address listed on my channel page under the About tab. Good luck with the repair! 

Matt

Well done Matt! Love to see more like that one.
restorology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote restorology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2022 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by undertaker undertaker wrote:

Originally posted by restorology restorology wrote:

Matt

Well done Matt! Love to see more like that one.

Thanks! I had never worked on one before this and really gained a respect for the engineering behind it. I'll absolutely tackle another if I find one. Right now I am working on an old National brand cap gun, one that used those paper rolls of caps. It's not as involved as an air gun but I cannot wait to smell those caps light off! That will bring back some memories. 
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2022 at 3:29pm
 Hi Gumslinger, I found all sorts of metal tubing at Amazon. Most are from China and take forever to arrive but they have almost everything.

Sorry I was so late in letting back to you, regards, gkenny.
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2022 at 3:32pm
 Thank you Matt, I do have some questions: I cannot solder my stainless steel tubing to the plunger head, the tubing just does not want to stick. I am awaiting the brass tubing from China.

Thanks again, great video and restoration!

Regards, gkenny. 
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2022 at 5:13pm
 Hi Matt, I can't find your email address in your profile or your channel page, can you help me out here?

Thank you very much, regards, gkenny.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic