Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help with 1990 red ryder classic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnjw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help with 1990 red ryder classic
    Posted: May-14-2022 at 11:34am
hello,
i have a 1990 red ryder second edition classic and i noticed with the front sight cap removed,the actual inner barrel is off to the right side and won't move to center.when i try to set it center,it springs back to the side.
when i cock the gun it frees the barrel to move to center again but when i fire it,the barrel jumps back to the side.
is that normal?
KEB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2022 at 4:51am
I have rusty daisy bb gun
Model no 25
Reg no A041423
Rogers ark
Pats 2.724.897.-2.758.586
I'm new to this..please help will send pic if needed
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2022 at 9:05am
jnjw,
Are you shooting it without the cap?
Doesn't the cap hold it centered?
Gary
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2022 at 4:05pm
Gary, I'm not 100% certain this is the same gun and owner I spoke with recently, but if it is, he replaced the shot tube before noticing this happening. One thing I told him is there could be a piece of debris caught under the lip of the shot tube abutment assembly that is cocking the shot tube in the frame. 

I also mentioned that I had never shot any of my 1938B guns with the front plug missing to know if what he described is normal or not. But you are 100% right- the front plug does hold the shot tube in position. Without the plug, the tube is totally unsupported at the front.

Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2022 at 9:04am
Cobalt,
Yes, he didn't mention having any problems with it other than the shot tube not being centered with out the end cap. Sounds like an easy fix, just put the end cap on.
Gary

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic