Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 99 trigger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old george Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 99 trigger
    Posted: May-20-2022 at 9:58pm
Hey every one
This is old george I am look to buy two model 99 trigger or
two trigger spring I have three trigger and all have broken spring please let me know .you can Email georgethayer44@gmail.com
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2022 at 10:30pm
So speaking of model 99 triggers, I just picked up an early 99 with the bottle cap shot tube and it doesn't cock. I guess the trigger sear is not catching so I removed the trigger assembly and the spring is not in the correct place.  Is there a trick to getting it properly seated? It looks to be ok but I don't know if it changed shape over the years.

Also the registration number is M148967 if someone can tell me when it was made. Thanks
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2022 at 6:35am
According to Joe Murfin, "The first date Model 99s were stamped with Reg. No.s was April 20, 1959 and the numbers stamped were M135899 to M148899". Your gun falls just outside of those numbers, so one could assume it was stamped soon after that date.

The image is from the workshop manual for the 99. I have heard conflicting reports as to whether the long leg goes up or down. My guns use the later type trigger that uses a coil spring instead of the flat leaf-type spring, so I cannot comment from 1st hand experience.

zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2022 at 8:21am
Thank you colbalt327. Very helpful information. Any idea when they switched to the coil spring? Just curious.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2022 at 11:02am
No idea on that, unfortunately.

Oldgeorge View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldgeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2022 at 1:17am
I try but couldn't get it to work right old george
Bob1774 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob1774 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2022 at 4:40pm
Little late on helping, perhaps you got it to work?

I've done a few of those and they are stubborn to install.  I just keep trying and then it seems it just snaps in to place.  Not sure if it has something to do with the trigger position, or luck!  Note that it does say to put the long side leg down, to add tension on the trigger.
Once it snaps in, you'll wonder why it was so hard!
Those early 99 "bottle caps," are somewhat scarce, as they were soon replaced with the shot tubes due to a safety issue, since resolved.  
Oldgeorge View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldgeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2022 at 2:36am
Shane at restomod daisy did a video
About the model 99 trigger one time .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic