Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy model 38?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RD Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy model 38?
    Posted: June-15-2022 at 6:49am
I had never seen one before so when this one came up in an auction, I bought it. Does anyone know about them? When they were made, value?
I found one on Ebay and they called it a single shot. I cant find anywhere on mine to load a BB.
RD Davis
plymouthairrifle View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plymouthairrifle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2022 at 7:50am
Is this a#100 model 38?      The gun is a single shot muzzle loader.  If this is the gun you have I will post more information about it.
Wes Powers
RD Davis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RD Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2022 at 9:47am
Originally posted by plymouthairrifle plymouthairrifle wrote:

Is this a#100 model 38?      The gun is a single shot muzzle loader.  If this is the gun you have I will post more information about it.

Yes Sir, thats it. I took some white chalk and rubbed on the writing and found that it a single shot. I figured it had to be muzzle loaded, cause I see no way to load it. I dropped a BB down the shot tube and tried it, it didnt shoot the BB out though it makes a good strong sound like shooting, when you do that. Any info would be much appreciated!
RD Davis
undertaker View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undertaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2022 at 5:58pm
Made in 1938. Break action, single shot. You cock the action and simply drop a single BB down the muzzle. Hard shooting and accurate little guns but delicate and difficult to rebuild. I would put a couple of drops of oil down the muzzle and let it stand on its buttstock overnight to lubricate the  leather seal before attempting to shoot it. The Model 100-38 is one of my favorite little Daisys! Congratulations on picking yours up.
RD Davis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RD Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2022 at 6:39pm
I did that, put some oil in it and let it sit for several hours. Still wouldnt shoot the BB out so I  checked with a rod I cut out of a car antenna, to make a poking tool for my BB guns. The BB was not going down but maybe 1/3 of the way. I took the poker and tried cleaning out the tube and seemed like I  had it. Put the BB back in and checked it, still only went about 1/3 of the way. Then I took the poker and gave the BB a little help, and got it stuck. Tried to shoot it out, and the whole shot tube came out.

I think it is a wall hanger now.
RD Davis
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undertaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2022 at 3:47pm
Probably some rust inside the shot tube. Use a .177 cal bore brush to clean it really good until a BB drops in the muzzle and sticks near the end of the tube. It should not roll all the way through it. Re-install the shot tube. It is held by a crimp of metal on the front bottom edge of the barrel. You simply push the tab back down with a small screwdriver or punch to hold the shot tube in.
RD Davis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RD Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2022 at 4:52pm
Have you had one of these shot tubes out? There is a washer that I think is supposed to be on the inside end of the tube, that has come loose too and is turned sideways in the barrel, stuck. I tried to get it out but could not. 
RD Davis
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undertaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2022 at 5:32pm
The washer is suppose to stay in the barrel as far down as it will go. Myabe try a coat hanger with a short hook on the end to pull it out.
RD Davis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RD Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2022 at 7:51am
That didnt work and trying to get it back where it was wound up swelling the barrel. IF I'm gonna fix it, I'm gonna have to drill out the rivets and cut out the solder on the barrel, making a little room to move things. Then, I'll just be winging it to see if I can get it all back in there!

I feel certain I can get it back looking complete, whether it ever works again or not so I wont be lost anything by trying.
RD Davis
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic