Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 300 Scope

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model 300 Scope
    Posted: August-03-2022 at 4:31pm
I came across a decent Model 300 Scope today at an antique shop.
It was missing the rubber eye cup and all it’s mounting hardware.
It was priced at $60.
Is that a good buy or was it overpriced?
I was unsure if I could find the mounting hardware however, I think I remember someone on the forum who made the replacement mounting hardware.
I have used a wheel brake cylinder rubber cup before for an eyepiece so that part is covered.
The questions are was it priced right and where can I find mounting hardware?
Thanks
Rick Cates
Canyon TX
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2022 at 5:18pm
Can't help with mounting hardware but remember posting years ago about using a brake cylinder boot turned inside out for an eye piece
Stevec
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2022 at 9:58pm
Hi Rick. I know someone on this forum knows someone else who makes reproductions of the rear mounting post, but I don't recall any information on the front 'claw' post. If you go looking for one here is a photo of the complete set (along with the two rubber stabilizers). All the front mounts seem to have the two washers, both of which go under the head of the bolt. [Which may in fact be an old Model 25 take down screw].

I never could find the brake boot part for a rubber eye cup, but I did find this substitute which fit well. 
(I later cut off the firewall part with a razor knife), but it fit and looked OK as originally purchased.

I ordered this from:

CE Auto Electric Supply

I ordered what they call Firewall Grommets, SKU: GROM2

https://ceautoelectricsupply.com/product/firewall-grommets/

It was $3.15 plus $7.13 shipping.

Good luck with your project, and PS--you got a good deal there.

Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2022 at 10:40pm
Thanks for the photos and response.
I have a Red Ryder with the mounted 300 scope and may attempt to replicate those mounts.
Is the Red Ryder mounts the same as the model 25 mounts?
I plan to put it on a 25 if I can get the mounts.
I would prefer original however, the chances of finding an original mount is pretty slim.
Thanks for the reply.
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2022 at 12:05am
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2022 at 12:17pm
Rick.... also go here for images of 300 mounting on 25 and 111/40. will help.

regards, rick
Aim Straight
Rhomsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhomsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2022 at 10:05pm
I have the parts you are looking about $100 (eye piece, rubber stabilizer for from mount and metal connector to gun and adjustable wheel). Give me a call and I’ll mail them to you
Rodger in Cincinnati
513-601-3809
Rhomsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhomsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2022 at 10:15pm
The original 300 scope for the Red Ryder is the same except the tang is shorter on the Red Ryder. The model 25 rear mount tang is longer. The Red Ryder rear metal connector to gun and adjustable wheel (the tang) has one screw the enters top of gun butt. Whereas the model 25 tang screw connect about 2 inches down from top. The Red Ryder original scopes are really hard to find. I’ve only seen two. Bought one of them

I have all the replacement parts for the 300 scope. I’ll put them on eBay in a few days
Rodger in Cincinnati
plymouthairrifle View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plymouthairrifle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2022 at 2:24pm
Dick Ricker (Blissfield MI). has exc. eye piece for the #300 scope.  517-486-3862

Tell him Wes sent you
Wes Powers
Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2022 at 9:55am
Thanks for the responses on the parts.
I will be calling for details in the next few days on ordering.
We are traveling across the country right now and I am the only driver for the motor home.
The wife is not comfortable driving a big rig.
Also is there a difference between the Red Ryder mounts and the Model 25 mounts other than the rear tang length?
The scope has the adjustment wheel and to me it looks like the mount must have a pin that rides against the inside of the wheel for adjustment to take place.
I am just not real clear on what the rear mount should look like.
Thanks again and I look forward to talking Daisys in the coming days.
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic