FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Number 102 model 36

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Number 102 model 36
    Posted: December-04-2022 at 9:20pm
Upon a total disassembly it is evident that someone tried to work on this gun....unsuccessful though. So the gauntlet has been thrown.   Making it work again is just too tempting to resist.   And "yes", I'm planning on replacing the stock. Lol 😆
Air-It-Is
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2022 at 11:04am
From Cobalt327:

You can add the model 98 and models 400, 404, 450 and 454 lever action pellet guns to those, too.[/QUOTE]
Maybe they had dual springs but the stock I was referring to doesn't fit the wide frames. Thanks for the research though.
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2022 at 5:46am
Originally posted by teerex.otw teerex.otw wrote:

oops!   that should read 104…NOT 194…I think the 1105 also had something similar
ETA Regarding the dual spring triggers used on guns with the automatic sliding safety... you can add the model 98 and models 400, 404, 450 and 454 lever action pellet guns to those, too.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2022 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by teerex.otw teerex.otw wrote:

Russ, What was the second spring used for on the pop guns ?
Up ‘till now the only ones I’m aware of that used two are the early
sliding-safety models with the 2-piece trigger (194 I think…maybe others).

I actually have an all steel trigger with an anti-beartrap. It uses 2 springs.
Air-It-Is
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2022 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by twocompassheads twocompassheads wrote:

Russ,  It seems like you have a gun that at one time had a broken stock and the owner replaced it with either an Annie Oakley or an Air Force Rocket Command white stock.  White was probably not the color that they wanted so it got a black paint job.  Is the forearm also white under the paint?  Maybe if you tilt it in the light, you can make out the emblem that was once on it if it wasn't completely removed.  

I believe your assessment is spot on.

Air-It-Is
teerex.otw View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teerex.otw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2022 at 6:23pm
oops!   that should read 104…NOT 194…I think the 1105 also had something similar
teerex.otw View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teerex.otw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2022 at 6:21pm
Russ, What was the second spring used for on the pop guns ?
Up ‘till now the only ones I’m aware of that used two are the early
sliding-safety models with the 2-piece trigger (194 I think…maybe others).
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2022 at 6:01pm
Maybe this one shows it a little larger.

Keep On Plinking
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2022 at 5:51pm
Russ,  It seems like you have a gun that at one time had a broken stock and the owner replaced it with either an Annie Oakley or an Air Force Rocket Command white stock.  White was probably not the color that they wanted so it got a black paint job.  Is the forearm also white under the paint?  Maybe if you tilt it in the light, you can make out the emblem that was once on it if it wasn't completely removed.  

Keep On Plinking
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2022 at 5:35pm
Here's my deduction of the stock.

Upon disassembly, I discovered 2 springs in the stock.   I've seen this feature on Daisy pop guns but normally only one trigger spring on the BB guns. This gun only has need of one spring for the folded steel trigger. Thus, I surmised that the stock was formerly attached to a pop gun (maybe even an Annie Oakley) and used to replace a deformed/broken original.

So this poor old gun is less than original but what better item to tear into it "guilt free". I might resurrect it or add pieces to my parts stash. 😉 Either way it's one in the "W" column!
Air-It-Is
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic