Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Number 102 model 36

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Number 102 model 36
    Posted: November-21-2022 at 4:26pm
We've seen many model 102 variations but I just acquired one that gave me pause. Top loading hole, no oil hole, aluminum lever, plastic stock with the pledge on the butt. So far so good.   However, the stock is WHITE plastic painted black.   According to Gary's Encyclopedia it could have been made 1954 - 1955. But no mention of a white stock variation.
Have any of you folks seen this before or, as I suspect, was it scabbed from a different donor gun?   
Air-It-Is
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2022 at 1:23pm
Well, since I haven't entertained opinions about this one I suppose it will reside in the "what 'da heck is it" file and perpetuate in obscurity.

That file is getting bigger over time.
Air-It-Is
teerex.otw View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teerex.otw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2022 at 4:58pm
Russ,
Does the paint look “factory”, or does it look d.i.y. ? The only white stocks I’ve seen
are on the Annie Oakley models (haven’t seen one in person, just photos) looks like most
had a forend also, fake hammer, and checkering…don’t know about the pledge though.
Any chance someone might have transplanted one of these ?
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2022 at 5:55pm
I've seen others that were not Annie's. Has solid white plastic with what appears to be black spray paint.   No fake hammer. Has slight warping as early Daisy plastics were prone to have.
Air-It-Is
Canuck1958 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2022 at 10:52pm
Model 110 space command, white stock and forearm.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2022 at 5:35pm
Here's my deduction of the stock.

Upon disassembly, I discovered 2 springs in the stock.   I've seen this feature on Daisy pop guns but normally only one trigger spring on the BB guns. This gun only has need of one spring for the folded steel trigger. Thus, I surmised that the stock was formerly attached to a pop gun (maybe even an Annie Oakley) and used to replace a deformed/broken original.

So this poor old gun is less than original but what better item to tear into it "guilt free". I might resurrect it or add pieces to my parts stash. 😉 Either way it's one in the "W" column!
Air-It-Is
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2022 at 5:51pm
Russ,  It seems like you have a gun that at one time had a broken stock and the owner replaced it with either an Annie Oakley or an Air Force Rocket Command white stock.  White was probably not the color that they wanted so it got a black paint job.  Is the forearm also white under the paint?  Maybe if you tilt it in the light, you can make out the emblem that was once on it if it wasn't completely removed.  

Keep On Plinking
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2022 at 6:01pm
Maybe this one shows it a little larger.

Keep On Plinking
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teerex.otw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2022 at 6:21pm
Russ, What was the second spring used for on the pop guns ?
Up ‘till now the only ones I’m aware of that used two are the early
sliding-safety models with the 2-piece trigger (194 I think…maybe others).
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teerex.otw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2022 at 6:23pm
oops!   that should read 104…NOT 194…I think the 1105 also had something similar
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic