Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1954 Daisy model 25 value?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbarogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1954 Daisy model 25 value?
    Posted: October-07-2008 at 8:58am

Hi, I joined the forum to see if I could find out the value of a Daisy model 25 rifle I recently found in the basement. I believe it was my Dad's from when he was a kid. I looked up some info and I think it's a 1954 model with the combination flip sight. One sight is a v and the other is a peep sight. Just ahead of the rear sight the rifle says: Daisy model 25,Daisy MFG. CO, PLYMOUTH,MICH. USA,register no.L051761 Then it has a few pat. numbers to the right of that. Overall the rifle still has good finish and the action seems to still work, although it might need a little oil. The (shot tube)? unscrews from the end of the barrel and seems to work fine. The only problem I see with the rifle is that the buttstock is a little warped to one side. No cracks or anything, just a little warped. I figure you might be able to heat it up a little and straighten it back out slightly. I do have a few pics available if anyone would like to see them. I'm interested in selling the rifle, so please let me know if you would be interested. Thanks.--Tim

10220maher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10220maher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2008 at 11:57am

what do you want for this

thanks

Peter3_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter3_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2008 at 11:56am
Got an old wood stock square trigger guard mdl 25 missing the takedown screw. Otherwise, it is fine showing light use. Anyone got an idea of value, or have a takedown screw I might buy?
The longer I live, the stranger life gets.
captrexc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captrexc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2008 at 2:12am
Originally posted by bubbarogers bubbarogers wrote:

Hi, I joined the forum to see if I could find out the value of a Daisy model 25 rifle I recently found in the basement. I believe it was my Dad's from when he was a kid. I looked up some info and I think it's a 1954 model with the combination flip sight. One sight is a v and the other is a peep sight. Just ahead of the rear sight the rifle says: Daisy model 25,Daisy MFG. CO, PLYMOUTH,MICH. USA,register no.L051761 Then it has a few pat. numbers to the right of that. Overall the rifle still has good finish and the action seems to still work, although it might need a little oil. The (shot tube)? unscrews from the end of the barrel and seems to work fine. The only problem I see with the rifle is that the buttstock is a little warped to one side. No cracks or anything, just a little warped. I figure you might be able to heat it up a little and straighten it back out slightly. I do have a few pics available if anyone would like to see them. I'm interested in selling the rifle, so please let me know if you would be interested. Thanks.--Tim

captrexc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captrexc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2008 at 2:13am
if you would like to sell it, I would be happy to buy it at a fair price.
Peter3_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter3_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2008 at 9:42am

Cap....

What is a "fair price"? If I don't agree, do you have a period takedown screw?

Peter

The longer I live, the stranger life gets.
bubbarogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbarogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2008 at 5:41pm

captrexc, I honestly don't know what the rifle is worth. I'm not trying to get rich from it, but it is in pretty nice shape and I'd like to get a fair amount for it. If you want to make an offer, I'm pretty sure we can work something out. Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic