Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Models 96 & 95

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ghtstr1k3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 12:07pm
Thank you!
Model_95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model_95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2010 at 5:19pm
Hello! I have a model 95 that I'd also like to know the date of. But may I ask your source for these dates?

My Lot No. is H311005

This was my gun as a kid from my grandfather that was already pretty used and beat up back then. Now its in really sad shape and needs some work, but mechanically still shoots great! Except for the broken metal lever. It just makes it harder to cock.

Thanks!
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Model_95 Model_95 wrote:

Hello! I have a model 95 that I'd also like to know the date of. But may I ask your source for these dates?

My Lot No. is H311005

This was my gun as a kid from my grandfather that was already pretty used and beat up back then. Now its in really sad shape and needs some work, but mechanically still shoots great! Except for the broken metal lever. It just makes it harder to cock.

Thanks!
I use "Daisy Gun Register and Lot Numbers" by Dave Albert and Gary Garber, however it is difficult for me to really grasp the specifics of how the regeister and lot numbers are used.  I do know that the H usually refers to the month of August; the 3 would be the last digit of the year it was manufactured and I am gussing that it was the 11,0005th gun of that model made in that year.

I have no idea of the prefix that goes with the 3,  but the Model 95's were made from 1962-76.
Semper Fi
Model_95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model_95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by willielumplump willielumplump wrote:

I use "Daisy Gun Register and Lot Numbers" by Dave Albert and Gary Garber, however it is difficult for me to really grasp the specifics of how the resister and lot numbers are used.  I do know that the H usually refers to the month of August; the 3 would be the last digit of the year it was manufactured and I am gussing that it was the 11,0005 gun of that model made in that year.

Thanks Willie! So your saying its an 8/73 gun?

Here it is, I need to figure out how to get that dent out of the top of the barrel. I should have all the parts soon to restore it.

Any idea what a good choice of paint would be?

Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 1:05pm

Originally posted by willielumplump willielumplump wrote:

I use "Daisy Gun Register and Lot Numbers" by Dave Albert and Gary Garber, however it is difficult for me to really grasp the specifics of how the resister and lot numbers are used.  I do know that the H usually refers to the month of August; the 3 would be the last digit of the year it was manufactured and I am gussing that it was the 11,0005 gun of that model made in that year.

Thanks Willie! So your saying its an 8/73 gun?

Here it is, I need to figure out how to get that dent out of the top of the barrel. I should have all the parts soon to restore it.

Any idea what a good choice of paint would be?

I can not download the photo, never seem to have luck with that function, but some folks firmly attach a socket as in socket wrench that firmly fits in the barrel and push it in and out and that might push out the dent, however you would have to make sure that the socket device was very firmly attached to ensure that it doesn't remain stuck in the barrel.
Semper Fi
Model_95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model_95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 3:46pm
Its odd, you should just be able to see the photo.

The socket is a very good idea, thanks! Any idea what size and brand? WinkLOL (just kidding of course)

My stock has like a 3/8" hole straight through it, where the wood screws originally went through each side. I want thinking of running a bolt straight through. Any other ideas?

Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 4:46pm
Hi Model 95:  Since your gun has a family history I can understand why you would want to restore it; sometimes painting a gun takes away its history.  I have two Model 95's that are complete but just plop BB's, they do not shoot well at all, if at all; they both have wood stocks and plastic forearms; you could obtain needed parts from one of them and if you want to buy one for $30 plus$10 f/shipping, msg me at Clfmustang@aol.com and we can set something up.
Semper Fi
Model_95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model_95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 2:29am
Willie, we are already speaking through email... This is Ben. lol.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 10:12am

Willie, we are already speaking through email... This is Ben. lol.
LOL, Hi Ben; didn't recognize your call sign!
Semper Fi
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2010 at 7:30pm
I finally figured out how to see the photos; how are you doing with your restoration project?
Did you receive the notched elevating blade for the rear sight?
Semper Fi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic