Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Models 96 & 95

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2018 at 11:12pm
Fuse, do you still have any 880 parts and pieces for sale? I need the following 880 parts: 

2 buttstocks. I don't know how much it matters but they need to fit the metal receivers that have the stock screw in the left hand receiver side.

A pair of forearms, they "should be" the type that has the slots that mate to the tabs welded to the pump frame and have no diamonds, but I can work w/either type (I have both styles of pump frames).

Rear sight, the screwed on type.

2 bolt assemblies (bolt and cocking handle) for the older style "clamped barrel" type valve body.

2 rifled barrels to fit the older valve bodies that use the clamp.

Abutment/compression tube seal assembly like shown below. Early style like used in most brass compression tube equipped guns. I need the rubber seal, the plastic ring, the spring and the metal 'cap'.

You can email me at cobalt327@hotmail.com if you have anything along those lines.

Thanks, Mark
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2018 at 6:27pm
I've got some of the stuff you're after. I think I have the forearms, The screw on rear sights, at least one bolt assembly, I have an 880 rifled barrel.....not sure it's the one you want, and at least one old style compression seal assembly with a new old stock rubber check seal. Let me dig around a bit. I'll get back to you. BTW what does the rifled barrel you're looking for look like?
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2018 at 11:09pm
Will email you a photo of the barrel. And thanks.

Mark
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2018 at 2:56pm
Pics and list of stuff sent to you buddy.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
saphira2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saphira2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2019 at 7:02am
hi DaisyBBgunner, i have a 95B, with the lot no. of A909308 from what i can read, sais the pat is 3,888,229
wanted to get info on how to totaly dismatle it so i can clean it properly, cus it is not shooting straight at all, the bb's are going everywhere
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2019 at 8:50am
DaisyBBgunner hasn't been on the forum for quite some time; maybe I and others here can help.

Your 95B's date is Feb. 1979. The patent number is for the changes made to the "B" type Daisys, i.e. sliding loading port door, non removable shot tube w/built-in abutment, etc.

Poor accuracy can be caused by many things. Was the gun accurate, then the accuracy fell off? If yes, was it after oiling the shot tube? A too-oily shot tube can kill accuracy. I would recommend cleaning the shot tube using alcohol on patches to get rid of any excess oil followed by dry patches until they come out spotless. As long as you intend to shoot the gun, re oiling the shot tube is not necessary. Oil will reach the barrel from the compression chamber when the gun is shot so adding more oil isn't needed. Before storage run an oily patch through the shot tube.

Check the crown visually and using a cotton swab to see if there's any burrs. Removing the front sight/barrel plug will make checking the crown easier but isn't an absolute necessity. Re crowning the shot tube WILL require the sight to be removed.

Hopefully others here will chime in w/suggestions. Good luck!
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2019 at 9:41am
Here is a way to test accuracy and a guess as to weather the shot tube may be bent or otherwise deformed. First follow the shot tube cleaning that Cobalt suggested.

Using a bench rest, fire off 3-5 rounds at 1 yard from a paper target. Move the target to 2 yards and repeat. Then 4 yards, 5 yards etc. out to 10 yards. If the BBs get increasingly wide in pattern or start missing the paper, the gun has limited accuracy or perhaps weak power. Weak power will show up as the BBs dropping lower on target. If the pattern is reasonably tight, the problem may be with off-hand shooting.
Air-It-Is
bjschmidt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjschmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2019 at 11:05am
Might you have any more of the old-syle compression seal assemblies that you were looking for?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic