Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Release, Daisy No 25 Pump Action BB Gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dayzeecollectr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2010 at 11:32am
I also went to the Bass Pro Shop site and checked out the new model
25. Even though some of the reviews were not very positive, I still had to
order one for my collection. The cool thing is ...I still have my original
that I had as a teenager!!
Just curious...how many on here ordered that special Red Ryder Christmas
edition rifle that included the note cards??
melkrei View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melkrei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 8:29am
Clap  If the new 25 is a success what are the chances that Daisy will bring back the 21, 104, or the 107 ?
MEL KREI
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 12:59pm
Doubtful, because it takes years to go through the process, and there were several wirestock replicas that didn't sell so it is a very small market.
Semper Fi
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by dayzeecollectr dayzeecollectr wrote:

I also went to the Bass Pro Shop site and checked out the new model
25. Even though some of the reviews were not very positive, I still had to
order one for my collection. The cool thing is ...I still have my original
that I had as a teenager!!
Just curious...how many on here ordered that special Red Ryder Christmas
edition rifle that included the note cards??
"that included the Chrismas cards" 

Can't shoot a Christmas card!
Semper Fi
stormy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2010 at 2:59pm
   I came across this site because I am looking for a gun to replace the Red Ryder model that I bought in a local store.  It was a pure piece of poop from the start:  as I was trying to remove the lock tie around the stock so that I could try out my new thing, the paint (and I use this term loosely) begun to actually RUB off.  It continued to just come right off.  In a very piqued manner, I finally took it outside to test it.  'Bout pulled my arm outta joint trying to cock it, as it locked up 1/2 way through and had to practically talked to (!) before I could cock it.  Velocity was not as good as my 19-yr-old duct taped model!!  I furiously wrote letter to Daisy, and the BBB and mailed them this POS, and said 'don't sell it if it's a piece of crap.  So, I am now looking for which models are made in America -- anyone know?
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2010 at 6:22am
The items found on www.gunbroker.com  and www.auctionarms.com identified as RR Carbine, No 111 Model 40 were all made in the USA as well as the vintage Model 25's; additionally, I believe the earlier model RR Carbines Model 1938B and prior were made in the USA.  If you read all of the posts pertaining to this reissued Model No 25 you will note that the preponderence of BB gunners like this gun and have commented very favorably as to its durability and performance.  For those guns that are defective a very easy remedy is found by returning it to Daisy or from source of purchase and you will immediately receive a replacement. 
A few bad specimens should not be a cause for bad mouthing the entire product line just because it is made outside of the U. S.   LOL, my 2006 Dodge Dakota , purchased  brand spanking new in Dec of '06,  now with only 15,345 miles is now in a dealership garage having a brand new 8 cylinder engine installed; I never towed anything with it, and the heaviest cargo were barrels of leaves being taken to the recycle center.  Am having much better luck with the '06 Dodge Charger w/Hemi, mainly because my spouse drives it most of the time, but it has had some issues although easily resolved.  And so too, can  the issue of your defective Red Ryder be resolved.  Good luck!

UPDATE: 23Feb10, Wow, got the truck back with the new engine, drives like brand new, happy days are here again!  Fortunately it was covered by the warranty w/$50 deductable.
Semper Fi
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 6:56am
For sure...The Local Rolls Royce Dealer has a service and a parts dept.  What does that tell you?
beerbarrel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beerbarrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2010 at 4:17am
I, as several Daisy collectors, bought two of this re-issue Model 25. I, in my own opinion, think that it is a crying shame, that an American icon, is now being made "elsewhere". I took one of the new isuue 25's out to see what the performance and quality was. Very Disappointed! Front sight off center, tang on stock off center, as far as shooting, bb's seem to go all over the target. For comparison, broke out the old Model 21, quality perfomance is different as day and night.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2010 at 8:37am
Hi All:   This response in no way is meant to disagree with the disgruntled and disappointed BB gunners that lament that the icon Model 25 is now manufactured elsewhere; so are many of the other models that Daisy farms out  made in  other countries.

The bottom line is the governing factor in any manufacturer's business plan; if the reissued new Model No 25 does not meet Daisy's market expectations, management will seek an alternative manufacturer because, like myself, there are many others that are gravitating to the air gun and the myriad methods involved in propelling a very inexpensive projectile, when compared with powder firearms.

The mass market has to support the company's product line, and if a inferior product results,
the market will  take care of that problem by purchasing some other product.

I too purchased two of the reissued No 25's  last November, and 9 of the reissued shot tubes when they became available; have only opened one box and yes, the front sight and the tang appear out of alignment but I am still able to obain excellent results at 35 feet;  the shot tubes are OUTSTANDING so far.  It is just a matter of time to test the durability of these items.

I have found that Daisy's Customer Service does an excellent job in responding to complaints; I had returned a malfunctioning pistol and received a brand new one in return, not sure if Daisy repairs  and resells them as rehabed, or just deep six them.

I would prefer to be able to purchase a new Daisy producet manufactured in the United States and would be willing to pay the price, however, I doubt that there would be enough appeal to attract a mass market.

In the meantime, the old, vintage models made in the United States should be treasured, and the resale market should become lucrative for those that hang in there.
Semper Fi
beerbarrel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beerbarrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2010 at 3:45pm
Hello All, Sorry if I seemed a bit disgruntled, and I sure don't want to upset anyone. It's just that, I  tend to look at the old days, Daisy BB guns, to us kids, were, just so much American, like hotdogs and apple pie. I must agree with you Willie, the old vintage models, made in the US, just bring back so many childhood memories, I guess thats why I collect them!

beerbarrel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic