Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Release, Daisy No 25 Pump Action BB Gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2010 at 5:47pm
Hey, beer barrel:    You are right-on about those childhood memories, and those memories carry plenty of emotional weight because they take us back to those "carefree" days of going out on a great afternoon and shedding most of the restraints imposed upon us by parents, school and whatever, and having that good ole BB gun that could reach out and touch something! :)Wink

I was recently looking at an old photograph of me in my dress blues, standing beside my cream top-blue body 2 dr hard top 1954 Oldsmobile and I had forgotten how beautiful that car was;  point being, nostalgia can bear heavy on how so much seems to have gone down hill.

I believe that Daisy wanted to bring back that No 25 to satisfy that nostalgia, and introduce the wonder of owning such an icon to the new generation of BB gunners; the vintage guns are wearing out, and I think it was a smart business move.  I mean, there was an awful lot of excitement generated when that gun was reintroduced, but was dampened somewhat when it was discovered that it was made in China; had very visible defects such as the sight and stock tang alighnment and other idiocentricities like the rear sight falling off or the paint peeling, etc.. etc., and you can believe that the Daisy folks are taking immediate remedial action because I am sure that the company invested a lot of money in R&D, development of machinery and facilities to produce it.  I never saw any marketingConfused, it seemed like a stealth effort, first that I learned of it was that a guy on this Forum announced that he had ordered one and man, the hunt was on.  Of all the retailers that the Daisy Museum listed as outlets for Daisy products, only one, BassPro, was selling them; I spent hours checking every retailer on the Museum's list and BassPro was the sole distributer! (Lol, I was attempting to do some price comparisons.)

I wouild like to read about what the Daisy Company is doing to improve the quality of that BB gun, and if anyone has any experience with Customer Service, that would also be nice to hear about.

Semper Fi
beerbarrel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beerbarrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2010 at 1:11am
Hey Willie! I see you have had the same childhood memories as I! Getting up Saturday morning, me and all of my friends going on the great "safari", with our old trusty bb guns. It seems just like yesterday, where have the years gone? One thing that sticks out in my mind, is going around finding the old coke bottles and returning them to the store, got a nickle for the small bottles and a dime for the big ones. We would go to the store and buy packs of bb's for a nickle, if I remember right, there were fifty bb's to the pack. Great talking and sharing the memories with you.
Beerbarrel
RedRyderUSA View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRyderUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2010 at 11:05am
Customer service at Daisy is A+. My shot tube came apart and they sent a new one out no questions asked. I also got a take down and stock screw that were stripped replaced as well. They are really nice to deal with and all you have to do is email them at the daisy website. They gun itself has been holding up well and I have shot nearly 10,000 bbs out of it. My two vintage 25s have better aim though.
Be Independent!
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2010 at 1:34pm
Hi Red Ryder, that is really good news, and I would expect nothing less from Daisy's excellent Customer Service.
Semper Fi
bweaklan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bweaklan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2010 at 2:45pm
I hope the "Kudos" are passed on to the Daisy Customer Service Management. I know I have contacted them in the past and their help/service was outstanding. I make it a point to send a follow-up email or letter acknowledging the positive experience with any organization. 
Buck
jhglasgow7719 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhglasgow7719 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2015 at 9:53pm
I haven't bought a China model #25 and won't buy one but I did buy a China model 1894, push button safety. Wish I hadn't.
Soon after receiving it in the mail the rear sight fell off. I sent it back to Daisy Arkansas and they quickly sent it back fixed.
Then something else happened and it would shoot but my Daisy Gun Smith friend fixed it.
Now the gun sometimes doesn't cock, when it does cock two B-Bs come out. My Daisy gunsmith friend has it again.
What a nice-looking piece of junk!
Don't buy a China model 1894.
I've shot it less then 50 times altogether.   
Homer
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2015 at 11:22pm
I am a Lifetime Member of the Daisy Museum #40, however, I have not and will not purchase any of the guns now being made in China. I do not feel Daisy should be producing guns made outside the USA. 

I will continue to support the museum in other ways, but I will not add those new guns to my collection. I just feel too strong about this, and I know this is only my opinion, some will not agree with me, but that is just the way I feel. 

I believe most people would be willing to pay a little more for the guns if they were made in the USA, I know I would. Now having said that, I do have a few of the guns, Roy Rogers, and a few of the early guns produced by Daisy, however my collection of about 100 guns are mostly Plymouth and Rogers guns. 

LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2015 at 5:06pm
I have seen and shot the D 25 made in China. My nephew has one. He loves it. Knowing the 25 of old, I don't feel so positive about it. I do have a few Daisy's that were made in Japan. The original M14 is one of them and shoots great. Not sure how the Chinese M14's are. Sure wish it wasn't less expensive to build a something and ship it half round the world. It's wrong on a lot of levels.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2015 at 5:43pm
I had a Chinese 25 for a couple of years, it worked great and was good quality for the price, never a problem after thousands of shots. Chinese air guns actually have a cult following nowdays, a distributor imports Co2 rifles based on old Crossmans, the quality is excellent, they are a simple design to work on, and shoot great. Nothing beats the old Plymouth guns, but the Chinese are getting a lot better at air guns, some are even badged "proudly made in Shanghi". I always buy US manufactured guns when possible, or old vintage ones. To look at my Chinese rifle if you did not read the marking, it's all wood and blued metal construction, with almost zero plastic, you almost would think it is vintage US made.
DannoP View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DannoP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2015 at 10:06pm
I think the big thing about the imports is if there is a quality control arm from stateside , my 25 is very tight and fit and finish is great ( still would rather pay a bit more and get it with the old USA on it ) and I like my Beeman P17 a lot too and it is more accurate than it has reason to be , the problem with the import situation is that we changed many of the tax laws in the 80's as the idea was that we would be service and other countries would do the manufacturing , the laws are such that you could have the same costs at domestic or import and the holding companies would come out way better even with the high cost of shipping , I worked with many large manufactures through the years and it's baffling how and why we did this to ourselves , change it 180% and you would see a big change in or GPA nationwide , but anyway this is a fun forum not a social and economic summit and sorry for the rant .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic