Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

daisy model 102

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acmebeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2010 at 12:34pm
The shot tube unscrews and you pull it out. (counter clockwise). You can put oil down the shot tube, but it would be more efective if you took the shot tube out. If you decide to take out the shot tube. Look down the barrel and see if the plunger tube moves up and down when you try and caulk the gun. I will see if I can find an exploded view of the gun so you can see what the internal parts look like.
boyesreef View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyesreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2010 at 3:57am
update:

ok, unscrewed the end of the barrel and looked down the barrel and there was a bb stuck in it. got bb out and still didnt work. i didnt use 30W, but i did have some air compressor tool oil so i used that. put oil down the barrel tube of gun and moved cocking handle. the plunger does indeed move. so i made sure to oil everything and slipped the gun back together. ill see what if anything it does before i leave for work at 4 today.
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2010 at 4:59am

I don't think air tool oil will work (It's to thin and not slippery enough) 30w oil is the best. I normally put a few squirts of oil down the barrel and let it stand upright (butt side down) over night. You will probably have oil leaking out of the gun so set the gun in something that the oil can drip into (a box with a bunch of rags in it) then wipe the gun off afterwards. try shooting it then and see what happens. You said a BB was stuck in it, where was the BB stuck at?

boyesreef View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyesreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2010 at 5:18am
the bb was in the shot tube. about 1 inch from the beginning of the tube. it was stuck too good to fall out, but offered little resistance when pushed out by a wooden dowel. i think it was pushed out by what little air came out on its last shot and sat there for 5 years. ill go out to the garage and grab some 30W and let sit. its in the same room as the wood burning stove, so maybe it will thin the oil and allow it to flow where it needs to go.
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2010 at 5:21am
sounds good....let us know if it works or not. 
boyesreef View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyesreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2010 at 5:37am
i will let you guys know if it works first. i hope it does, ive had this gun for at least 20 years.
boyesreef View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyesreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2010 at 8:09am
update:

well, i poured oil into the barrel with the shot tube out, let it sit by  the fire for a while. put it back together and nothing. wouldn't even blow air. for the heck of it i decided to throw some BBs in there and see what happens. nothing. so i fired it a few times and it made a metallic "POP" so i got a little worried. tried it one more time and the BB rolled out of the end of the barrel. next time it came out about six inches, then about eight feet, then across the yard, then across the street. i forgot how much power this rifle has. it out-shoots my model 95 daisy by quite a bit. more accurate too.
boyesreef View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyesreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2010 at 8:22am
does anyone know when they put the daisy no. 102 model 36 out of production?

acmebeer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acmebeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2010 at 8:22am
Sounds like, problem solved!
Have fun!
Dan.
boyesreef View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyesreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2010 at 8:57am
now i just need to figure out when this thing was made. all i can find is with the plastic stock, that makes it 1952 or older. but i dont know when the end production is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic