Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My wish list.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2011 at 11:04am
Stevec and Oneandgone, the Daisy Model 1938A, if it has been re worked by Daisy, is marked on the right side of the receiver, above the lever action, as 'Model 1938 A-B in gold lettering.  As of this moment I do not know if it is stamped or stenciled, but if and when I receive it I will photo-shoot it and  info you.

From what I understand, the Model 1938A was re called by Daisy because of some kind of defect, and they were re worked and re issued as the Model 1938A-B.  I did see a box marked as such, along with a Red Ryder but the seller only mentioned that it was a Model 1938B so I didn't bid on itConfused
Semper Fi
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 9:31am
Hey Willie
Are you saying that you brought one.It is my understanding that it is stenciled onto the rifle
stevec
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 2:02pm
I am in secret negotiations to obtain a Daisy Model 1938A-BCool  and do not as yet want to reveal my sourceOuchbut if things go well I will know within a few days.Wink
Semper Fi
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2011 at 8:54pm
Ididn't win the Daisy 1938A-B because I literally fell asleepAngry at the switch, however the information has been confirmed about the gold silk screen lettering on the right side of the receiver.  Stay tuned for another episode pertaining to the saga of Daisy's Model 1938A-B.
Semper Fi
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 11:07pm
Today I received the Daisy Model 1938A-B,  NIB; it is as describe in that it is brand spanking new.

The barrel shroud on top of the receiver is stamped "Model 1938A;  on the right side of the receiver in gold silk screen lettering: MODEL 1938A-B.

The box is the standard Red Ryder Carbine box of 1978, however, there is a label that significes that its contents is a MODEL 1938A-B.

The Operation Manual that came with it lists the following:

Models 105A-B,  111A-B,   1938A-B,   95A-B,   &  99A-B

I heard about the Model 1938A being recalled from all vendors because of some kind of safety defect and subsequently it was released as the Model 1938A-B.  So, since the 105, 111, 95 and 99 are designated as    A-B also, does that mean thal ALL of these models were recalled for safety issues?

Does anyone have a handle on this?
Semper Fi
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 11:15pm
I did a Google on the A-B designations under "Daisy BB Guns Recalled" and found the answer to my above post.  Check out the following link:

Semper Fi
oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 11:31pm
Interesting, good find Willie!
shane View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 2:30pm
AND THE RYDER KEEPS ON RIDEING' I CANT HELP WONDER WHATS NEXT IN THE SAGA OF THE RED RYDER. IM SURE DAISY WILL COME UP WITH SOMETHING TO KEEP IT INTERESTING' AS THEY HAVE DONE WITH THE MODEL 25'S. IT SEEMS THOSE TWO BB RIFLES HAVE BEEN RUNNING A RACE FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS NOW THEY BOTH ARE VERY POPULAR. I FIND IT INTERESTING THAT EVEN THOUGH THE MODEL 25 CAME OUT WAY BEFORE THE RED RYDER THAT BECAUSE IT WAS A TV AND COMIC BOOK SEREIS ITS WAY MORE POPULAR AND WIDELY KNOWN. I LOVE BOTH GUNS A LOT BUT I HAVE TO SAY THE MODEL 25 HOLDS A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART. ALTHOUGH I AM GIONG THROUGH A 111-40 KICK RIGHT NOW I KNOW I WILL ALWAYS FALL BACK ON THE 25'S THERE IS HARDLY A DAY GOES BY THAT I DONT PULL ONE OUT AND SHOOT IT A FEW TIMES.
CLOSET FULL OF DAISY'S and a few others
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 9:58am
Hey Wil
Does the 1938 ab you have got the thin metal rear sight elevator on it
Stevec
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 6:03pm
yes, it has the thin notched metal  elevator blade
Semper Fi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic